SAU Community

Dyno Day : 4th July 2009

Hi Guys

I am also a member of the Nissan Sports Car Club and i have managed to get us all an invite to their Dyno Day on Saturday 4th July

When: Saturday 4th July

Time: 8am START

Where: Autotech 18-20 George Street, Granville NSW 2142 Australia

ubdmap.gif

Schedual for the Day:

We will be starting at 8am, it will be $55 for the day per car. That will involve 2 power runs maybe 3, coffee tea and biscuits. A BBQ lunch and soft drinks will also be provided by Spiro and his Team and everyone will receive their Dyno sheet laminated.

As in the past it is a very well run day and for $55 is good value with lunch provided.

The Running order is first in best dressed and so on.

This invite is open to ALL V35'ers (Coupe and Sedan).

It has been a while we have all been discussing power output of our V's, so its time to get our there and see some REAL numbers.

Autotech is also the official installer for APS so maybe we can talk about getting these kits into our cars for some of the members who may be interested.

Spiro is very knowledgeable with the VQ series engines having worked on many customers 350Z.

Also, the Nissan Sports Car Club is an excellent CAMS AFFILIATED club so those of you who are looking for a great atmosphere in a club, which partakes in events such as supersprints, hill climbs, track days and weekly coffee meets, you are able to find out more about the club and join as well. :)

Check out the website : http://www.nissansportscarclub.org

Any info please PM me.

Cheers,

-Mark

For those of you who are interested in attending please add your name to the list in the posts below. I need a final number of attendees so i can let the NSCC know as they have to organise the food and drinks.

Attending

------------------------------

1. BLISTC (Mark)

Edited by BLISTC

Attending

------------------------------

1. BLISTC (Mark)

2. danny_tg (Danny)

3. V35 Matt (Matt)

I'll have the plenum in, will be good to see what numbers the car pulls. Will having 19's on effect the numbers? Maybe i'll find some 17's.

hey guys

the dyno is a 4wd dyno. shouldnt matter though all our cars are RWD unless someone has done some freekish DIY modifications :)

the time determined of how long you get your run all depends on who gets there first.

you may arrive at 8am and there allready be a few people there. so you may have to wait 1 hr or 2.

i will arrive around 10-11am and just see whos there, and book my place in. i dont mind waiting for my turn as usually good company and some bbq food makes up for the wait :)

-mark

im thinking about it! get a base run before i start some mods.

i gotta check to make sure the day is free. plus i havent seen your car yet either!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Mark,

How'd the Dyno day go? I wanted to come, but I forgot to reply to this thread and the Mrs needed the car on the day. :(

How many people went, got any Dyno sheets?

There were no V35's at the Dyno day. Jetwreck and I popped by in the afternoon to see what the place was like and it looked like a good workshop and facilities.

Apparently about 33 cars went through on the day, S15's and Fords and Holdens.

Saving the M35 for the next one.

i didnt make it down as i got rostered on to work.

was a good turnout though, spoke to some of the guys on nissansilvia was a great day.

i got next weekend off so i might go to the IS motor racing dyno day i think its on the sunday, 11th

i just installed all my mods now, z tube, i did the grounding kit today and also the plenum spacer last week.

:P

hey mateb what numbers was ur car pulling from meoery bone stock ur car was 178kw atw?

i didnt make it down as i got rostered on to work.

was a good turnout though, spoke to some of the guys on nissansilvia was a great day.

i got next weekend off so i might go to the IS motor racing dyno day i think its on the sunday, 11th

i just installed all my mods now, z tube, i did the grounding kit today and also the plenum spacer last week.

:)

yeh was 178kw @ the wheels

since then like i said it got the plenum spacer, and intake and grounding kit. thats all that should effect power. also i got wider rear wheels, dont know how that will effect the dyno. the car definately feels faster since the new mods put it, i can attest to that.

the dyno day is @ IS motor racing on Saturday 11th July (this sat) so yeh come down if you guys are free.

BLISTC,

Will be *very* curious to see your results!

I think ISMR's dyno tends to be on the lowish side when reading power but that's the dyno i go by as my last 3 cars have only gone to ISMR.

The wider rear wheels will decrease your power reading slightly as they should be a bit heavier hence sapping more power in the drivetrain loss.. but not by much unless it's massive weight difference.

Curious to see results now :)