SAU Community

1966 Nissan Cedric Wagon

Linkstar

Well my Girl friend and I are probably insane but our plan is to install a rb25/30 turbo motor into a 1966 Cedric.

For those who don't know this is a 66 cedric:

wagon66.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skids up . at least the tires wil be cheap .

Well tires will be short lived...... lol

We're also going to try and tuck a set of 19's we got with car underneith it. In keeping with the philosophy of the build the wheels we're using are a stock nissan wheel. Even so I'm going to minitub the rear and possibly tub the front. The front tubs are fairly roomy stock and given the RB+turbo will be space hungry it'll be good if the front tubs don't need altering.

What a great idea,would be a reall sleaper,keep us posted if you do it. :D

We're doing it! we've got a Cedric in the shed 1/2 disassembled and a R31 waiting to be stripped of its running gear.

Can't wait to surprise a few falcadore drivers by toasting them with grandma's stationwagon.

Loving it! Can't wait to see the end result.

Same same. Sooooooooooo much to do though its just not funny. Fortunately the B/in law is a body and paint man and as much as I'm no mechanical marvel I have tackled some tricky conversions already. (multipoint EFI in a 550hp chrysler V8, what a headache) This one is going to be the all out build though so stay tuned.

Just noticed you've got a stagea, no wonder you like this idea.... lol

Edited by Linkstar

Nice work!

I hope that you have considered the issue that the old Cedrics didn't come standard with any brakes...

:P

Tell me about it! On the day we got it first I almost sent the thing into the back of my parents navara when I was putting it on the trailer then I almost sent it backwards through our bedroom window when we got it home! The brake pedal goes straight to the floor, that must have been a factory option. :O

this is a pic of the cars owner (my better half) and the car trailer/launch ramp on the day we picked it up.

18102008072.jpg

Thats where the opinions are divided here at home.

I think, given that we're going to put a rb30det in it we should go for the nostalgia look with whitewalls, 2tone paint (mint green with a white roof), painted 15/16inch steelies and a venitian in the back window.

Whereas the better half is pushing for charcole grey with blacked out 19's. I can tell you now who will win :P

Whereas the better half is pushing for charcole grey with blacked out 19's. I can tell you now who will win :P

use this to your advantage.... make sure you end up with this. Its full of awesomeness. charcoal grey and 19" wheels.

1967-Volvo-Amazon-600-hp-Front-And-Side-1280x960.jpg

Just keep in mind that if you retain a pre 1970's motor you don't have to worry about emission laws and noise restrictions.

welcome to the land of no spares lol

ive got 2 cedrics bth a bit later than yours

Unfortunately I've already resigned myself to zero market support. This car makes building a chrysler seem easy.