SAU Community

Alarm Issues

Kujotk

14ish months ago i got a profesional installer to put in a rhino alarm, Aus standards, took him 3 ish hours to install it, it has worked fine for 14motnhs but it has now stuffed up. It came with central locking but he recons he had to install another central locking mechanism to get the passenger door to lock and unlock simultaneously....

anyway this guy dissapeared a long time ago and ive been chasing him on and off (half heartedly) for a year trying to get an insurance certificate for the alarm with no success. The well know import car mob who i paid and they sub contracted have no idea where hes gone but they recon he has just dissapeared...

Symptoms:

Press lock on the keypad and the locks click but they dont lock.

the cabin light used to turn off after locking and arming the alarm but now it stays on (coincidence???)

at first i noticed only the drivers door wouldnt lock and i could manually lock it with the key or by hand from inside the car, the passenger door originally had no such problems, but now both doors don't lock and cannot even manually lock the car....

The alarm still works, it arms fine, and when you trip the alarm it still sirens.... dont know if imobiliser still works but looks like it still might seeing as the alarm is still working.

what to do????

What sounds to be the fault???

anyone in sydney?