SAU Community

Nismo 600cc Injectors/fuel Pump

Hi all,

I have received my Nismo 600cc injectors and Nismo fuel pump for my R34 GT-R and am curious to know if I can install them now before I get my mechanic to retune my Apexi Power FC along with other parts that I am still waiting on? (boost controller, cams, turbos...)

I ask this because the Nismo injectors/fuel pump are bolt on replacements and shouldnt effect my current tune with my Power FC right? Plus they seem like easy DIY parts... so I was thinking of doing it now so thats one less thing that my mechanic has to do and save money on labour.

Cheers,

You can do the injectors yourself as long as you change your PFC to reflect the new injector size, but I would only recommend it for a short distance and driving very sedately and not getting on boost at all on the way to the mechanic.

You can do the injectors yourself as long as you change your PFC to reflect the new injector size, but I would only recommend it for a short distance and driving very sedately and not getting on boost at all on the way to the mechanic.

put the Power FC in and set the injector correction to about 70% and it will be fine to drive to tuners.

Thanks for your replies guys!

So all of you agree that definately the fuel pump is a go without any ECU dramas? Access is under the rear seat?

Nothing has to be transferred from my standard fuel pump to the Nismo one right? ie - seals/0-Ring/bolts etc? Just worried that I might miss something...

Cheers,

Edited by xanavinismo

If it's anything like my R33 you'll get to it through the boot, and it will be behind the front boot liner on the opposite side to the battery.

There should be a big plate with the fuel hoses and wiring running into it - you unbolt that, then there should be a round collar below it that holds the pump assembly in.

In fact, I think there are a couple of tutorials in the DIY section for installation of Bosch or Walbro pumps. The Nismo should go in a lot easier because you don't have to hack anything to get it to fit.

If you get stuck give me a shout - i'm down in the deep south but happy to help out.

If it's anything like my R33 you'll get to it through the boot, and it will be behind the front boot liner on the opposite side to the battery.

There should be a big plate with the fuel hoses and wiring running into it - you unbolt that, then there should be a round collar below it that holds the pump assembly in.

In fact, I think there are a couple of tutorials in the DIY section for installation of Bosch or Walbro pumps. The Nismo should go in a lot easier because you don't have to hack anything to get it to fit.

If you get stuck give me a shout - i'm down in the deep south but happy to help out.

Wow, lucky I didnt pull out the back seat and discover nothing! Cheers for the info guys!

I'll be sure to contact you JD_R33 if I run into any dramas.

Cheers,

Edited by xanavinismo