SAU Community

Sydney's Quickest Gtr Skyline

gtr30beast

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems like you have found the ground rules for most syd,bris,melb,adel and perth so called "car enthusiasts"

i cant believe nobody wants to come out and use these "money pits" for what they were built for. Looks like its back to racing evo's and commodores at least they have a go.

i cant believe nobody wants to come out and use these "money pits" for what they were built for. Looks like its back to racing evo's and commodores at least they have a go.

Yeah its a bid sad eh...racing at a Sport Compact meet in Sydney you would be lucky if there were more than a couple of GTR's entered.

My mate took his near stock GTR out last night with a couple of HKS 2510's and a Mines ECU in it and ran 12.1 first pass.

Dont worry when my car comes back from racing in QLD we will go out and rip it up with you.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Yeah its a bid sad eh...racing at a Sport Compact meet in Sydney you would be lucky if there were more than a couple of GTR's entered.

My mate took his near stock GTR out last night with a couple of HKS 2510's and a Mines ECU in it and ran 12.1 first pass.

Dont worry when my car comes back from racing in QLD we will go out and rip it up with you.

Mate thats good to hear. Bloody rigolis have decided that i need to step it up

so today they told me what my new combo will be. To be honest i hope i can drive it with only 2 gears.

I will come out soon..when my current upgrades are complete.

I wont be breaking any records,but hope for some mid 10's or so.

Thats the go fellas. I can only see good things for Sydneys GTRs out of this. By the way anybody need a t51r spl garrett almost new. Yeah thats going to.

Mate thats good to hear. Bloody rigolis have decided that i need to step it up

so today they told me what my new combo will be. To be honest i hope i can drive it with only 2 gears.

Dom told me they were working on a glide. Told me to hang off changing my set-up until they have it sorted. Convertors are the issue so ill see how yours goes before parting with the folding stuff. There is a 4 speed auto option we are also looking at but Mark at Godzilla said my car should run 8's when sorted with the PPG dogbox.

Dom told me they were working on a glide. Told me to hang off changing my set-up until they have it sorted. Convertors are the issue so ill see how yours goes before parting with the folding stuff. There is a 4 speed auto option we are also looking at but Mark at Godzilla said my car should run 8's when sorted with the PPG dogbox.

Maybe its your fault they are ripping bits out of my car saying they are never going back in. I dont seem to have a bottom end anymore either it was there on monday. They said it wouldnt be up to they task only a motor like "BOOSTIN" will do. Dom's off his nut, i was happy with what i had and besides i thought it was my decision what happened with the car but they just say "you will love it".

and thats for turning corners???Sorry someone had to say it :bunny:....I had a "near death experience" last time i went to drag races....i almost died of boredom :bunny:

BOOSTIN eh...

hope your car gets up on the convertor quick as your racing will end in the 1st round of eliminators at each event.

like this...

Yeah i know thats what i said. From what ive seen so far designing a converter for this will be like reinventing the wheel. But Tony says it can be done and going on his past acheivements who am i to argue.

and thats for turning corners???Sorry someone had to say it :bunny: ....I had a "near death experience" last time i went to drag races....i almost died of boredom :bunny:

don't be sorry...you are dead (pardon the pun) right. These cars were built to circuit race and to get them to go really quick down the quarter mile takes a sh1t load of money. 4WD drag cars are very hard to set-up and race properly...you could go just as quick for half the money in something else.

agree...its pretty boring...even with a 1000hp GTR to race i still find boring at times. Private track hires we used to go to were lots of fun though...match racing your friends all day was pretty cool. But they changed the rules and now cars a quick as ours are not permitted to race at them.

Edited by DiRTgarage

One of the reasons i got rid of my 9 second street car...& then got a gtr .

Gtr's to me were a good all rounder ,fast street,circuit,drag ...you can do much more with one than my pain in the ass ,cranky aspirated chevy on alcohol.

Dont get me wrong i love drag racing..but it can be f*ckin boring waithing in staging lanes all day lucky to get a couple of passes.

Although i do miss being able to mash the throttle at 100 k's...& paint black lines on the freeway for a couple hundred metres.

I think gtr's should be kept manual & as close to original type setups as possible...to me it seems kind of silly to turn a zilla into a back half , tube chassis,or glide with transbrake type of car and still call it a streetcar..to me doing that loses its appeal.

Each to there own though.

( I like dirt's gtr because its still original looking,fast,& retains most things as nissan designed it)

agree...its pretty boring...even with a 1000hp GTR to race i still find boring at times. Private track hires we used to go to were lots of fun though...match racing your friends all day was pretty cool. But they changed the rules and now cars a quick as ours are not permitted to race at them.

Gtr's to me were a good all rounder ,fast street,circuit,drag ...you can do much more with one than my pain in the ass ,cranky aspirated chevy on alcohol.

Dont get me wrong i love drag racing..but it can be f*ckin boring waithing in staging lanes all day lucky to get a couple of passes.

Although i do miss being able to mash the throttle at 100 k's...& paint black lines on the freeway for a couple hundred metres.

I think gtr's should be kept manual & as close to original type setups as possible...to me it seems kind of silly to turn a zilla into a back half , tube chassis,or glide with transbrake type of car and still call it a streetcar..to me doing that loses its appeal.

( I like dirt's gtr because its still original looking,fast,& retains most things as nissan designed it)

Many very good points. I have a few cars so we are just having a bit of fun in what for me is a new form of motorsport.

Mark is dead against me going auto...but because they have got rid of Sport Compact i have to race Super Sedan...just not viable in a manual car. Ill race at Jambo and see how the other auto cars pan out. Id say an auto may be more of a headache than most think. A straight cut dogbox feels tough and sounds tough...even if it is uncompetitive.

Just put an air shifted g-force box in it..at least you can still say its manual and you wont have to worry about sorting out converters..

Mark is dead against me going auto...but because they have got rid of Sport Compact i have to race Super Sedan...just not viable in a manual car. Ill race at Jambo and see how the other auto cars pan out. Id say an auto may be more of a headache than most think. A straight cut dogbox feels tough and sounds tough...even if it is uncompetitive.