SAU Community

Rb30 Crank In Rb26 Block

WA_R32

Hey, i was wondering if it is at all possible or if anyone has already done this?

I have been doing some research and thought that using the RB26 block would have its advantages like the added strength as well as not fouling on the bonnet.

any ideas would be great

cheers

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You would need a spacer between block and head or you will punch the pistons right through the head.

I believe that's the way they do it in Japan ala OSGiken 3L with custom crank/rods/pistons.

rb30kit.gif

Note the deck spacer and sleeves :)

Edited by bubba

Yeah i also noticed the $31,000 US pricetag :)

just looking at different options at the moment, the vg30 has a shorter stroke and also custom pistons could be made to suit, i read somewhere that someone de-stroked the crank to 2.9 ltrs and put it together like that

hmm didn't want to go for a custom crank, too $$$$$$$

might have to stick with just the normal 26/30 then

If $$$ are an issue then why recreate the wheel?:)

Custom crank $5-6000

Custom pistons $1500

Custom rods (good ones) $1900

Waiting months and months when you couldve done a 3.0L, priceless.

If the racespec ones are in stock that would be a different story. One thing though, i dont like how they use 87.5mm bore.

Custom crank $5-6000

Custom pistons $1500

Custom rods (good ones) $1900

Waiting months and months when you couldve done a 3.0L, priceless.

Gold! :blink:

When Spools 3.4L kits become available (and if I have fundage) I'll start to build a 3.4L on the side to go into the skyline and the stag can have the current 30.

Gold! ;)

When Spools 3.4L kits become available (and if I have fundage) I'll start to build a 3.4L on the side to go into the skyline and the stag can have the current 30.

that would be sweet, hmmm have decided to just stick with the 30/26 been done before and dont want to fck something up trying to make my own hybrid engine

hmm now i have a complete rb26 bottom end to sell as well as a brand new R34 Nur Spec front diff and sump, any takers?

What's the deal with the sump? if it's fancy enough I could probably talk Mikey into it ;)

it wont fit in a 32 :) will only fit in a 33gtr or 34gtr, the 32 is too narrow for it to fit in, i got it with my engine as the person who sold it to me couldnt use it on his 32