SAU Community

Rb30 Crank In Rb26 Block

WA_R32

Ahh well that screws that idea then ;)

yeah, the standard R34 GTR front diffs from Nissan are $2300, dont know if there is any difference between the standard and the Nur spec will take $1500 for it as its brand new though

should have someone interested in it soon though

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive heard sumwhere that sum one machined/de-stroked an RB30 crank to fit into a 26 block which made it 2.87L or sumthing on that line.

still cheaper than a HKS stroker kit

• 5 weeks later...

if you are interested speak to rhemac in sa. They are de stroking rb30 cranks to fit rb26 blocks.

my rb26 is now 2.935.33cc. its not tuned yet so i cant tell you how it feels on the street but i can keep you posted. hopefully around 4 weeks.

if you are interested speak to rhemac in sa. They are de stroking rb30 cranks to fit rb26 blocks.

my rb26 is now 2.935.33cc. its not tuned yet so i cant tell you how it feels on the street but i can keep you posted. hopefully around 4 weeks.

Not much of a de stroke if its 2935cc, are you sure thats right and you sure it fits?

Rob

seriously though its for the sports sedan. I have to run a factory block but I am not stuck to factory capacity :laugh:

btw how is your car going....you need to bring it up to our show and shine...we need a great collection of 32 race cars

Not much of a de stroke if its 2935cc, are you sure thats right and you sure it fits?

Rob

this is calculated on virtual engine calculator. bore= 86.5 stroke = 83.25. we've had custom pistons made from JE to achieve this.

post-65962-1251843317_thumb.jpg

this is calculated on virtual engine calculator. bore= 86.5 stroke = 83.25. we've had custom pistons made from JE to achieve this.

Sounds great if it works but just so you know 86.5mm is normal for a new RB piston and the design of the custom pistons (other than the bore which at the size you have won't give big cc gains) has nothing to do with capacity.

The cc's your talking about have come about from the stroke, not the custom pistons you've had made.

What rods did you use?

Rob

I think when momentum gtr is saying custom pistons made for the 2.9, he means; custom in the comp height (distance from gudgeon centre line to crown of the piston). That way the extra stroke to increase the capacity can be taken up by shortening the comp height from std.

Yes this does work, and can/has been done. i developed it for my car. I have done a few others now, and they work really well.

Yes we sell them through my workshop. Ball park pricing is $5250 for crank, rods, pistons, rings. The crank is nitrided, balanced, and has a collar fitted, the rods are Eagle, the pistons are usually JE or CP.

I say ball park, because; there are a number of options; 22mm pin upgrade, plus all the usual custom piston options, plus as the pistoons are out of the states, with the dollar moving around a little latley it affects the price. Also rods are optional, Eagles, Crowers, Carrillos etc. So depending on what rods, and what piston options you want, the price will vary.

Below ill give a summary of the answers to the usual questions, but ask away if you want to know something

No, the crank is not as good as a brand new HKS, Tomei, etc. But for the majority of applications it is more than good enough. How many big power RB30's are out there with std cranks....

Yes the rod to stroke ratio is not ideal. The RB 26 does not have a good rod to stroke ratio to begin with, but the std rod to stroke ratio works on big power combos. Any stroker reduces rod to stroke ratio. I would prefer more capacity, with a slight decrease in rod to stroke ratio.

No this is not easy to do yourself. Im not just saying this so you buy one from me. I use a lot of different machines to do this

I decrease the stroke to 83.25 mm. This means it all JUST fits in.

My initial engine made just over 400rwkw, and reved to 8800. The most power i know of through one of these combose is a tad over 450 awkw.

In my OPINION these are a great thing for a streeter.

Hope any of this is interesting of useful to some of ya........