SAU Community

Ceffeh

Nic_A31

OK guys, CEFFY HUDDLE!

5 stud hubs - WHERE CAN I BUY THESE ?

I'm hesitant to buy the JJRs from JustJap because of their amazingly low price....but I can't find any others around.

Suggestions please??

Today I cut up my stock Ceffy airbox to hold a pod, shield heat away from it and draw in cold air. WA laws are that pod filters need to be secured to the body via two different points.

Basically, the pod bolts inside the box (other side of the AFM), hence why half of its cut out....and half of the top is also cut out to accommodate it...so it has the snorkel directing cold air in from the top, as well as 2 flex pipes coming up into the bottom of the air box, which are drawing are from below the front bumper.

Now its time for a new K&N M'S....that exhaust leak a few months back killed it for good...I've dispensed an entire K&N recharge kit on it and it's still clogged really badly :(

Pics to come.

Other progress is coming along good.

I connected a charged battery back up to it last night, wound the windows down so I can take them all out, and send them off with the new quarter panels to be tinted (legal) and so I can get in and sand/prime/paint the insides of the doors and shit.

Dash has come back, cut up in a few places from the dashmat maker dudes so I'm looking for a new dash. Re-colored all the solid interior, still getting through respraying all the seats and door trims...but looking better already :cool:

Next step is to get 5 studs and brake fitment happening and then get it rolling on some black 17" Drifteks, get a 3" turbo back made up (painted black, for stealth spec), bring it back, re-sand and re-prime it (it was fine when I got it but months out in the weather + months in the shed collecting dust and other nasty shit, I'd rather do it again), paint it, tidy up the trim and engine bay and, all done....the light is getting a little brighter now, finally :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK guys, CEFFY HUDDLE!

5 stud hubs - WHERE CAN I BUY THESE ?

I'm hesitant to buy the JJRs from JustJap because of their amazingly low price....but I can't find any others around.

Suggestions please??

Dude, use the other forums... Look on nissansilvia.com, that will be the place to start.... or even a Japanese parts trader that will post to your door.

Ive seen a few on ImportMonster, its just buying unknown brands I'm hesitant on doing.

I'd much rather fork out extra dollars now than extra extra dollars later when a shitty china spec stud snaps and the other 4 go with it while driving along...

I'll hit up N'S.

Cheers dude.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on this...I'm currently doing some research, and pretty sure I'm going to ditch this heavy-ass RB20DET and go for a VQ30DET (possibly DET+T)... depending on how many legal hoops I have to jump through and weather or not IM240 emissions testing returns any time soon.

Been tidying up the car a bit the last few weeks, no major progress..just waiting for more money to throw at it (hence the silly idea I've got in my head in the mean time).

Will keep you all posted :)

yeah it'd be a good idea to sand and re-prime everything you've primed (acrylic?) primer is pourus so being in the rain etc = bad (i'm a spray painter by trade) , most 2k primers are ok though , actually if you can , use 2k primer . what ever you do , don't paint it matt/satin/chassis black , it will make painting it properly twice the work (that stuff isn't nice to face/rub) . as for the 5 stud , i'm using the jj front hubs and they seem to work fine (i've only done about 1000k's on them but 2 drift days of hitting ripple strips on full lock with modded knuckles they still seem fine ) . No love for the rb? :) imo you should aim higher for an engine transplant , google search vh41 :D or the vk series :thumbsup:

You think a VK will fit?

I've seen a VH fitted in a ceffy (with no bonnet)...but theyre smaller and heavier...the VKs are a bit bigger but alot lighter...would be keen to measure one up and see if it'd fit for a track car.

The primer that's on now is 2 pak..but its copped it bad being outdoors for soo long...and I've been using the bonnet as a workbench, so I've sanded that down a few times and its uneven, even down to the metal in some spots...I'll even the primer down as much as I can, but when it comes to paint time, I'll get them to redo the primer if need be...paint is another thing I'll be paying alot of attention to.

What about the stuff I have painted already?

I've done underside and inside the wheel wells in chassis black...engine bay in acrylic chip resistant black..and with inside the doors and shit..I sanded it down, 2 coats of acrylic primer...3 coats of black, 2 coats of clear coat (but it still chips really easy...so I might sand that back as well and just fork out more $$ for 2 pak when I get the whole car done) ... reckon I can get away with that? or sand it down and go the whole 9 ?