SAU Community

Throttle Position Sensor To Fit Hypertune Tb

hey guys

i bought a second hand greddy plenum that came with a hypertune throttle body. now i cant get the stock rb25 throttle postion sensor to fit the hypertune throttle body.

the throttle body has a spline that come out the end of it where as the throttle postion sensor a paddle system with a arm. i tried removing this to see if there was a spline behind it to which the hypertune would fit into but couldnt get it off as its stuck on there blody hard and i didnt want to break it.

the guy i bought it off used a stock rb25 sensor and hasn gotten back to me on how it fitted but he said it did.

any help would be appreciated

post-52210-1248083824_thumb.jpg

post-52210-1248083883_thumb.jpg

I have that t/b on my SR and the stock s15 SR sensor just bolted straight on.

Do you have the little arm that grub screws onto the t/b spindle as it is not in your pic? Hypertune supplies the little arm with their t/b's. If its missing just give them a call for a new one.

As this little arm stikes the paddle on the tps and rotates the tps as the t/b is opened/closed.

Edited by juggernaut1

no i dont have anything else to go with it.

if i had the arm that grub screwed onto the spindle to work the tps the sensor would still hit the spindle and i wouldn be able to bolt it up. if thats what you mean. thats why i thought it inserted into the tps by removing the paddle system.

cheers

ahh i see what you mean just saw a pic on there site and it has the paddle arm that has the grub screws so this is what i need for the tbs

new problem apart from not having the paddle the bracket that is around the spline with the grub screws the four alan key bolts a few are striped and cant remove it so cant get the spline of.

do u think its worth tryin to modify the stock sensor or bit to risky i just dont wanna break it

cheers