SAU Community

squealy-ass brakes.

my brakes squeal like wounded cops when moderate braking.... under hard braking, there's no noise, but under light/moderate braking...... sounds like a bad day in an Alabama slaughterhouse.

one suggestion i had from a guy at repco is that when my current pads were installed, they weren't bedded in properly and got cooked from using them too hard to soon, and subsequently my discs get glazed really easy. probable solution: replace pads and machine the discs. does that sound about right or could i be missing something really, really important?

i had the same problem with mine and my disc's were very glazed but luckily the pads were fine, so i replaced all the disc's to slotted ones slightly bigger, i figured this would be important since eventually i would want something to help me stop alot easier when i needed, the guy who done my brakes didnt wanna machine them coz he thought it woulda taken too much off my disc's but i know a few ppl who have machined em and there fine i just went for a replacement...

ben...

Machining your disks (F&R) will help for a little while but will not cure the problem... Better quality pads will help but if they are only new pads you probably don't want to throw them away.

PBR make an anti squeel goo which worked wonders for me... Also make sure all the shims are installed on the pads.

Other suggestions include lightly sanding the pads to unglaze them and cutting a vertical line through the pad to reduce dust buildup.

The best solution would be a set of slotted rotors (DBA) with good quality pads (Not Bendix).

I think the Sumitomo braking system on 33's is notoriously noisy...