SAU Community

Powercruise

markus_

I know the organizers didn't have group entries, but i must agree that i was disappointed with the lack of SAUWA representation at powercruise. Maybe its because i only went on the Sunday? But the only car that i saw there with a SAUWA sticker on it was DRIF10, and possibly STEALTHED (didnt see a sticker but know they are on here).

SilviaWA had quite a good section there, the club name was up on the car ports, all the cars were together, i thought that was really good. There were a few Skylines there, but they were all over the place. Next year im definitely going to enter my car, just go along for some fun, would be great to drive along side some of those monsters out there! Would be great if a whole bunch of us could get together and just show that we are an organised group lol

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If SAU does not do a club entry next yr your welcome to come park up with SilviaWA :)

I hope that i will be as organised as this yr and we will have a even better display!!

or do we need the clubs approval before we can do anything at events like this an represent sauwa? surely not? i mean at events like these i think we should be present and getting the name out there and known aswell as having fun as a club with some sort of presence. i had a blast and it woulda been nice to look at members cars out there. just i dunno felt a bit left out as a skyline driver :)

Are you even a SAUWA Member ? There wasn't sufficient interest to do a club entry, same as Motorvation, so that's why we didn't do anything. If enough members want to do it, we'll support the event as a club.

had a good weekend, heres a vid of me doing the drift demo with DA driver luke fink and another wa drifter,

had a few car probs with wiring n clutch on friday, changed clutch and held up all weekend,

was stoked to walk away with a couple trophys for drift :)

Yeh mate, thats quite a good vid, interesting from that view point. Were you there yesterday?

Can i just ask who the female drifter was? Because she was insane. My uncle was visiting from South Africa, and i took him to PowerCruise and he was loving it when the commentators said she was female lol

Are you even a SAUWA Member ? There wasn't sufficient interest to do a club entry, same as Motorvation, so that's why we didn't do anything. If enough members want to do it, we'll support the event as a club.

I am, and i'm not, i havent paid my fee's yet as i have lost the return email. secondly i am new to this and i feel a little resentment for saying it was a poor effort by the club? 

Not enough interest by the club? well i dont even recall anyone here even organising/advertising so the members knew about properly it apart form this topic! It needs to be put where eveyone can see/read when they arrive at the site. I'm sure if more ppl knew about it and that some thing was being done the numbers woulda come. Even if we had 3 cars, still coulda of had signs saying where we are from to get the name out there, alot of WA skyliners out there that arnt members who would prolly love to be but dont know about us.

Just so we all know i've read the posts about us not having anything todo with the event etc etc still couldnt have stopped us from still trying, wasted opportunity at a really good event.

I feel i'm wasting my time trying to help ya's realise a point here.

I realise the event was not having club entry as an option, but is that to say we couldnt snatch an area and fend for ourselves Together?? silwa did, and yeah if suawa wont try represent next year i'll be joining the silwa crew, as they are a good bunch and was awesome fun! Just hope my car is ready :P

Ps: sweet, was a good effort you guys put in! was enjoyable and had many laughs haha.

Stalk definitely :P

Lol nah i just wanted to chat with her, forgive me for being social :(

By the way, what power figure did you end up with? I was reading on one of the other forums about your build, and you said you were hoping for 280? What did you end up getting?

Snoop:

You are Andrews mate aint u?

Hanaldo:

Nothing yet, Car has miss fire issues :P Hoping to sort it out this weekend so i can get the car tuned lol (yes its untuned and running on stock boost)

Edited by SweeT

My Andrew said he thought it was you as u had a skyline. I never got your name tho :P

Awesome having you around and thank you so much for trying to fix the lantern hahaha and helping pull the tent down!

Cheers!

I am, and i'm not, i havent paid my fee's yet as i have lost the return email. secondly i am new to this and i feel a little resentment for saying it was a poor effort by the club?

Not enough interest by the club? well i dont even recall anyone here even organising/advertising so the members knew about properly it apart form this topic! It needs to be put where eveyone can see/read when they arrive at the site. I'm sure if more ppl knew about it and that some thing was being done the numbers woulda come. Even if we had 3 cars, still coulda of had signs saying where we are from to get the name out there, alot of WA skyliners out there that arnt members who would prolly love to be but dont know about us.

Just so we all know i've read the posts about us not having anything todo with the event etc etc still couldnt have stopped us from still trying, wasted opportunity at a really good event.

I feel i'm wasting my time trying to help ya's realise a point here.

I realise the event was not having club entry as an option, but is that to say we couldnt snatch an area and fend for ourselves Together?? silwa did, and yeah if suawa wont try represent next year i'll be joining the silwa crew, as they are a good bunch and was awesome fun! Just hope my car is ready :P

Ps: sweet, was a good effort you guys put in! was enjoyable and had many laughs haha.

I agree with you that it was a missed opportunity mate, but don't think it is the clubs fault for that though. The club just didn't get the expression of interest. its not the clubs job to post up advertisements for these sorts of events, its up to us as individuals to organise things, and if there is enough interest then the club may get involved. There simply wasn't enough people wanting to organise anything. Everyone knew about powercruise ages before, but obviously people didn't want to get involved with their own cars, or whatever the reason was.

Next year if no one else posts up an EOI thread, then ill try to get something organized for anyone that wants to go, but i will be there for sure.

Hanaldo:

Nothing yet, Car has miss fire issues :P Hoping to sort it out this weekend so i can get the car tuned lol (yes its untuned and running on stock boost)

Oh i see, well best of luck for it! You also gotta let us know what happens with the magazine, would be awesome to see your car in there!