SAU Community

Want More Power Out Of My Stagea

RS-V AREO

hey hows it goin

As the title says i just want to know what i should do to get more power out of my pretty much stock rb25neo engine, still running stock boost and the only mods i have done is put a 3in exhaust on it.

pretty much what i want to know is:

How much boost can i run through the stock ecu,

what chips/mods can i put in to to make it safer to run higher boost

should i get a fmic before jacking up the boost

what power should i start doin serious engine work

all in all i just want to get 210-220kw and just need to know what to do to get it and with minimum risk to my engine

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Josh

nistune(ecu) and about 12psi on the stock turbo and you will be around 200rwkw +/- 10kw

you can get to the power level you want (or close enough) with the stock SMIC but fitting a FMIC at this stage will give you a little more capability possibly with a slight loss of response. if you are going to a larger turbo then the it is a pretty simple equation to go a larger IC.

better watch how much you boost it up, and how hard you drive it, or you will be picking out bits of ceramic wheel out of your intercooler.

10psi is a safe bet. i've just got a turbo back 3inch, pod filter, and its running 140.2kw.

high flowing next or going for a HKS GT3037 Pro S Turbo

ECU will need to be done, fuel pump, injectors might struggle. coilparks also.

and with the power, of course you will use it, so being an RB engine, catch/breather can will be good also :down:

thats what i've learnt on the forums anyway, might be corrected. :bunny:

My old Stag had 200.9 kw at the wheels with the following mods;

Split Dump/Front Pipe, CATCO High Flow Cat, Blitz NUR Spec Cat Back(3"), Front Mount Intercooler, K&N Panel Filter, Apexi Power FC (with "Secret Squirrel Tweak"), Walbro Fuel Pump, Cushion Button Clutch, GFB Stealth FX BOV, Radiator Air Guide With Air Scoop, running 10-12 psi.

you can check out the link in my signature for more details.

...Andy