SAU Community

Buying A V35 Tomorrow

hey guys iv left a deposit on a v35, just need some questions to be answered by someone who has dealt before, im going to pay the full amount tomorrow, just a few questions...

do i get the car tomorrow if i pay full amount?

do i pay transfer fee to the dealer or when im at the dealer?

when does the transfer of the car go into my name?

basically if I'm going to be paying full amount tomorrow will i be able to drive away tomorrow? also which type of payment method is instantaneous and needs no waiting?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the car at the dealers now if so no reason wye you cant drive it away today

unless its not complied yet if thats the case i wouldnt pay in full yet

no you dont pay tranfer fee to the dealer you pay that to the rta and it then

will be in your name hope this helps

hey guys iv left a deposit on a v35, just need some questions to be answered by someone who has dealt before, im going to pay the full amount tomorrow, just a few questions...

do i get the car tomorrow if i pay full amount?

do i pay transfer fee to the dealer or when im at the dealer?

when does the transfer of the car go into my name?

basically if I'm going to be paying full amount tomorrow will i be able to drive away tomorrow? also which type of payment method is instantaneous and needs no waiting?

If it has no rego on it probably not.

Unless they get to the RTA before it shuts.

They need to do paperwork, transfer it over to you etc.

You better ring them- get there early if you want it on the day.

If it has rego- then you should be able to take it.

And I thought you would be asking for advice on the car, problems....Just a thought

What are you buying? Be careful if it is a GT-8 sedan, see all the posts.

Edited by CeffyNSW

yeah you first sign a notice of ownership or whatever it's called at the dealer

this covers the dealer from getting pinged if you get x11ty speeding fines on the way to the RTA :banana:

the rego then goes under your name once you pay the transfer of ownership at the RTA, it's calculated as a percentage of what you bought the car for, i think 3% from memory unless they changed it again then 5% for every dollar over $45,000 or something like that

HI Ezy03, i am also buying a V35 in a month of so, do you mind telling how much you buying for ?colour? auto or manual? so i can get a rough idea how much to spend.(in sydney)

I spoke to to a salesman last week. he advised me to get auto rather than manual because I drive 50km a day from and to work. he saids it will be real hassle to changes gear in traffic as v35 is a heavy car. also auto is generally 3-4 k cheaper than manual as there are not many around. (and black will cost 2-3k more too)

but i am worry if the engine achieves its peak horsepower in auto. the sales man said it is 206kw and it has plenty of power and unless i am going for racing I should not choose a manual. currently i have my eyed on a 03 silver auto coupe w half leather seat, bose sound,17" factory rims, 29000kms on clock. asking price is 27k . any advice will be appreciated. thanks

Edited by tonich

I spoke to to a salesman last week. he advised me to get auto rather than manual because I drive 50km a day from and to work. he saids it will be real hassle to changes gear in traffic as v35 is a heavy car. also auto is generally 3-4 k cheaper than manual as there are not many around. (and black will cost 2-3k more too)

but i am worry if the engine achieves its peak horsepower in auto. the sales man said it is 206kw and it has plenty of power and unless i am going for racing I should not choose a manual. currently i have my eyed on a 03 silver auto coupe w half leather seat, bose sound,17" factory rims, 29000kms on clock. asking price is 27k . any advice will be appreciated. thanks

the salesman more than likely trying to shift whatever he currently has in stock it's his job

if he had a sh#tload of manuals in he'd probably do his best to offload those

as for price it's always negotiable and depends on how much they want/need the sale

if you want a manual get a manual, if you can't decide between them test drive both manual/auto. it's your money and you will live with the car everyday so make sure you get what you want

my car is auto, the first auto box I've owned. I miss manual!

so make sure you won't have any buyers regret like I do, don't get me wrong I love my car, just I'd love it more if I waited the extra 4-5 months for the manual models to get import approval as they weren't available at the time :rofl:

ezy03 congrats mate, hope you are happy with your car, post some pics when you have a chance :D

yo i bought it for 24500, 27xxx kms at allpeoplemover at 25 australia street, i had stateroad inspection on it before purchase got 80% for everything only 2 things wrong very minor and will need changing next service on the car, leather/suede seats, tv/nav, bose system and dual climate, steering wheel buttons, 17inch stock. i will post pics later, havent had a good chance to take any good ones yet.

yeah i know there the same people. when i recieved the invoice/reciept it had the 175 para road habberfield (allimports adress) and when i was driving past i saw one of the blokes at australia street warehouse (allpeoplemovers) at the allimport yard at para road.

my car is auto, the first auto box I've owned. I miss manual!

so make sure you won't have any buyers regret like I do, don't get me wrong I love my car, just I'd love it more if I waited the extra 4-5 months for the manual models to get import approval as they weren't available at the time :D

ezy03 congrats mate, hope you are happy with your car, post some pics when you have a chance :)

Yes I will test drive both and see how it feels. this is my first sport car and properly stick with it for 4-5 yrs. at the moment i tend to choose manual due to the power.

just did a bit of research on the running cost of V35. I drove around 22000km a year. and petrol is around 12.5l/100kms. if petrol is $1.3.L. it will costs about $70/ week which is not bad for a sport car (3600/yr)

comprehensive insurance for male over 25 is around $1850 (from just car)

unsure around how much service would cost (but i would assume 600-700.) 1400/yr

hope these might help other v35 buyer

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to tell you ezy03 but these guys are famous for winding back/changing odos on their cars - I had an independent mechanic go have a look at a black one they have there last Friday with supposedly 27,000km on it and he said it had 80,000-100,000km on it every day of the week according to the 100 or so ways you can tell the real age of a car. Go have your car checked by someone reputable (StateRoads are famous for having dealers paying them off not to notice things), and you will find you did not get what you paid for. But they really are cheap - that is a bonus I guess.

Sorry to tell you ezy03 but these guys are famous for winding back/changing odos on their cars - I had an independent mechanic go have a look at a black one they have there last Friday with supposedly 27,000km on it and he said it had 80,000-100,000km on it every day of the week according to the 100 or so ways you can tell the real age of a car. Go have your car checked by someone reputable (StateRoads are famous for having dealers paying them off not to notice things), and you will find you did not get what you paid for. But they really are cheap - that is a bonus I guess.

interesting that you mentioned this. I have been looking at their V35 for 2 months and all their v35 are between 25k and 30k. which is too good for a 5 years old car. most others' dealers has got over 40k for a higher price. I thought electronic odometer can not be wind back?

Edited by tonich

interesting that you mentioned this. I have been looking at their V35 for 2 months and all their v35 are between 25k and 30k. which is too good for a 5 years old car. most others' dealers has got over 40k for a higher price. I thought electronic odometer can not be wind back?

Although it's rare it does happen. I think they have to change the whole electronic unit though from another wrecked low km v35. It's more likely if it happened in Japan before it got imported i reckon. You can definately tell the signs from worn out interiors,pedals and the engine to mention a few.

My 03 GT-8 only done 31000 when i bought it. A bit suspicious but i got a mechanic to check everything and it seems that the car checks out ok.Also keep in mind that people in Japan don't drive as much as us here, they much prefer public transport. Just my 2 cts.