SAU Community

Can I Plumb My Boost Gauge Here?

1249838527.jpg

Seems like a convenient spot? What's that existing line there and can I just remove it or should I run a t-peice?

Otherwise is there a better spot to do it?

Car is a 95 r33 gts25t and I'm new to turbos so a little help would be much appreciated. :rofl:

Also I know I'm gunna cop shit for this but I bought a small shift light that doubles as a digital tacho as well. Was gunna chuck it on top of my steering coloumn. Where's the best place to grab the ignition signal from?

Thanks guys :D

That is fine to T from there. That line is for the standard boost guage in the cluster.

Tacho signal from ECU pin number 7 from memory.

Legend!

Now I just gotta be patient while I wait for my package from justjap.com :rofl:

If I don't care about the factory boost gauge in dash... Can I just run a straight line from it?

If not... where do I get the t-peice from?

Yes you can run your line straight from it & the dash boost gauge will simply no longer work...

But you should be able to get a T-piece from any decent auto-parts store.

Also on my R33 there was an unused vacuum/boost hose connection at the front of the plenum with a rubber cap over it, that's what I used for my boost controller.

The easiest way to route the vacuum hose through into the cabin from either spot is down through the front right guard with the wiring loom.

Have fun!

the autometer gauges come with a t-piece. Depending on what gauge you got it might come with one. just wait for it to turn up and see whats in the box

otherwise just plumb it straight from that line and forget about the stock gauge if you dont want it. mine's read wrong ever since i put my aftermarket boost gauge in but its there so i may as well leave it functioning haha

The easiest way to route the vacuum hose through into the cabin from either spot is down through the front right guard with the wiring loom.

I was looking at that route before when I was tidying up engine bay. might just do it

The gauge is not autometer it's their cheaper product autogauge...was sort of an impulse purchase because the price was right.

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=267&page=1

I think it's like a defi knock-off. smoked face. heard a few complaints that they're hard to read during the day but I will make my own decision.

gotta be better then my current situation of manual boost controller + no gauge..

thanks fellas, will try and keep it off my mind til the parcel arrives. then see what's in it and make my decision from there. :rofl:

Edited by dave_rb20

Also on my R33 there was an unused vacuum/boost hose connection at the front of the plenum with a rubber cap over it, that's what I used for my boost controller.

Have fun!

On mine that front plenum connection seems to go to a charcoal cannister. Is it worth disconnecting this and bending the hose around to a U joint and reconnecting it to bypass this? Or am I wasting my time?