SAU Community

Defected

Lust_R33

Hi guys, unfortunately i ran into some really bad luck, was driving towards taylors rd from east esplanade in st.albans, turning left coming up from under the bridge, saw bunch of cops thought "hey its prob just an RBT", when i got closer it turned out to be a vehicle inspection :P , too low, too loud, oil catch can with a breather? <LOL, need to remove boost controller, BOV and Pod. the car was under my brothers name rego'd in sydney, dont know if anyone else been in a similar position with interstate rego before? its my first time defected & dont know how it works down in melb.

RB Powa: Your correct Vic Roads do check over everyhting in the inspection bay.

IOWNU: You would take it to Vicroads so they dont suspend your registration. They have to check over everything and make sure you have made the changes requested by Police. Pretty Cool you have a defected car already, wish I was that sick.

thanks for the info guys. this sucks never thought they could defect interstate cars, & didnt think they would have a vehicle inspection on the road, first time seeing this sh*t.

thanks for the info guys. this sucks never thought they could defect interstate cars, & didnt think they would have a vehicle inspection on the road, first time seeing this sh*t.

Never seen one of these on the road, but im scared.

So what do they actually check/how etc. Can you explain in detail please. Cheers.

no, they cannot defect you for the SAME thing.

however if say you were done for... stuffed headlight, ride height

and then a week later had bald tyres, you can cop one for that... and fair enough too IMO

Cops generally don't do this. They don't list all the defects even if they are obvious (in my case big turbo, blow off, cooler, pod). All they do is list few (in my case too low) and tick RWC required. RWC covers the lot, so no point in giving a 10 point defect list, waste of time.

So getting a defect on top of exisitng one makes no sense to me UNLESS, they fine you, or change the conditions of the defect ie, bring the car the cop shop for inspection.

RB Powa: Your correct Vic Roads do check over everyhting in the inspection bay.

IOWNU: You would take it to Vicroads so they dont suspend your registration. They have to check over everything and make sure you have made the changes requested by Police. Pretty Cool you have a defected car already, wish I was that sick.

Ummm wasn't trying to look 'sick' n00b. :D

VIC ROADS cannot suspend the rego of a car registered in NSW, might try reading previuos posts again.

Cops generally don't do this. They don't list all the defects even if they are obvious (in my case big turbo, blow off, cooler, pod). All they do is list few (in my case too low) and tick RWC required. RWC covers the lot, so no point in giving a 10 point defect list, waste of time.

So getting a defect on top of exisitng one makes no sense to me UNLESS, they fine you, or change the conditions of the defect ie, bring the car the cop shop for inspection.

They do pick a lot of things at times, the point of this is as you pointed out you have a big top mount and everything else, if they pick all of these things then vic roads will be checking EVERYTHING listed on the defect before they clear it, if they dont know that any of this stuff was on there previously then its easier to cover it up with smaller changes as vic roads wont be looking at those areas.