SAU Community

Power Limit Of Stock Internaled Neo 25

First up... yes ive searched. the search function on this forum is somewhat dated and needs an overhaul IMO... due to bringing up so many irrelevant results up which have nothing to do with the search query

anyway, bitch aside, im putting together a neo powered drift car, some of you may remember i used to have a R32 with stock RB25 with 3071R making 280 rwkw on 17 psi with cams and gears. I still have the 32 these days but its pretty stock these days and the 25 is still in it but stock turbo etc.

i understand that 300 rwkw seems to be regarded as the limits for an internally stock 25... and mine with 28 never posed ANY probs whats so ever and was reliable as hell... soooo Whats a neo motor like with similar power levels?

this time round ive got a 3037 with high mount mani, hks gate and cams + injectors, will be running a nisstune again (love em) and am hoping to make similar power levels.

Is the CR the same in a neo compared to a 33 25?

cheers for the replies... if any.

i know they have solid lifters, but from the searching i did, everyone seems to say they think they have GTR rods... but no confirmation.

Pretty sure there was a thread where someone pulled some out?

i remember reading an article in a magazine about a r34 putting out a decent power figure (goes through pile of mags next to me) ok it a performance imports mag from some months ago, got a red 34 gtt in it, makes 364rwkw on an internally standard 25 neo, and they reckon it was pretty reliable too lol although i wouldnt expect that to last too long without going bang, but then it does prove the fact its possible

i remember reading an article in a magazine about a r34 putting out a decent power figure (goes through pile of mags next to me) ok it a performance imports mag from some months ago, got a red 34 gtt in it, makes 364rwkw on an internally standard 25 neo, and they reckon it was pretty reliable too lol although i wouldnt expect that to last too long without going bang, but then it does prove the fact its possible

i dont think 364 rwkw stock motor would last with me driving it :D

yeah so long i can do what i did with my old 25 i'll be happy. 280 all day every day.

is the C/R ratio same or different to r33 version?

We did up one and only could push .9 Bar on the stock Turbo's.

Strange, because I always thought that 1 bar was safe for RB25's and Neos......Not.

Even with a FMIC, fuel pump, exhaust and computer upgrade it pushed 180RWKW's.

This is an Auto and not manual driven around the city daily.

The Neo Motor is not the best stock motor to draw reliable power from.

If you push it to its limits more than likely you will need a re-build.

300 RWKW's day in day out with stock internals?.....

Depends once again on the Dyno your using.

We did up one and only could push .9 Bar on the stock Turbo's.

Strange, because I always thought that 1 bar was safe for RB25's and Neos......Not.

Even with a FMIC, fuel pump, exhaust and computer upgrade it pushed 180RWKW's.

This is an Auto and not manual driven around the city daily.

The Neo Motor is not the best stock motor to draw reliable power from.

If you push it to its limits more than likely you will need a re-build.

300 RWKW's day in day out with stock internals?.....

Depends once again on the Dyno your using.

180rwkw for an auto is REAL good, i would not be complaining :P Manuals top out around 200-210rwkw.

as for 300rwkw reliable out of a RB25 i could post about 6 cars that see regular drifting days (about 6 -8 events a year) and if they can endure drifting they can endure anything. These cars have also ran @ other dyno days. DA driver Chris de jager is one of them and if you think a TD06SH-25G on a rb25 making 300rwkw is unrealistic i dont know what else to say... :D ps his motor has done three seasons in the GFB car before we tuned the TD06SH-25G in his new S15....