SAU Community

Small Battery Terminals To 'normal' Size...

xanavinismo

Hi all,

What part do I get to change my factory Japanese style small battery terminals to 'normal' larger ones? Is it something like 'Battery Terminal sleeves'? I have attached a picture of one example...

Cheers,

Glen

post-38738-1250488641_thumb.png

Hi all,

What part do I get to change my factory Japanese style small battery terminals to 'normal' larger ones? Is it something like 'Battery Terminal sleeves'? I have attached a picture of one example...

Cheers,

Glen

I bought some aftermarket car audio terminals, with mutiple inputs , lopped off the factory crap and popped the wires into my new ones. I think mine are US Audio ? look nice in satin silver with clear plastic molded covers I can pop up some photos tomorrow if you want to see them ? (sorry bit busy now)

just go autobahn or jb and they will have them

sorry mate, got really busy with friend in ICU at the hospital,, tomorrow the photos will be posted up.

I think you need to see how to do the factory wires into the after market terminal, cause if its wrong it will fall out and leave you stranded

Cheers Stokesy.

Hey mate, sorry for the delay i completely forgot about it.

Here is a pic of my terminals i can't really get a better pic as i've reinstalled my amp rack. As you can see they're RF dual 0Ga + Dual 8Ga

post-36287-1251268451_thumb.jpg

Yes stokesy is onto it. You can get all types of terminals. You can get all different sorts from any battery store for about $3 bucks each. Most places will change them over for you.

I think your better off keeping the optima upright too by the way. You can use them that way but they seam to last longer upright.

Yes stokesy is onto it. You can get all types of terminals. You can get all different sorts from any battery store for about $3 bucks each. Most places will change them over for you.

I think your better off keeping the optima upright too by the way. You can use them that way but they seam to last longer upright.

They last longer upright, really?

I've never heard that but then again I've ever really looked into in... It just makes it so much easier to access the terminals this way, I might look into this as i really don't want to kill a $400 battery

We use to sell them where i worked at battery world. They encouraged us to ensure they were always upright unless you really have to install them sideways. Never upside down though. They dont allow that.

Im not a huge fan of isolator's. There are some fully automatic maintinance chargers that are designed to keep your battery fully charged when your not using your car. We use to put them in bikes and race cars ect.

Im not a huge fan of isolator's. There are some fully automatic maintinance chargers that are designed to keep your battery fully charged when your not using your car. We use to put them in bikes and race cars ect.

From your experience what are the cons of using isolator's?

From your experience what are the cons of using isolator's?

those isolators suck dont use them, keep your battery charged up with a trickle charger or solar one

to keep your alarm powered up to protect the car in the shed.

(FYI ....if your high power battery dies you need a serious charger the cheapo ones wont fix it up. )

odessy/optima batteries can be mounted upside down or any which way. there certified for acrobatics use in aircraft hence upside down is fine ????

but the plates are stronger mounted normal side up. battery acid is sealed inside and is a gel and wont spill ?

if I get bored in the next few days I have a old odessy to break open if anyone wants to see inside it before it goes to recycling ?