SAU Community

Yellow'd!

BROCKDOE

Yeah I'm coming up to get mine off hopefully, the window's a pain to fix, and they will get your for it man. I just fixed mine a few days ago, but the parts cost $180 :down:

Does anybody have a stock blow-off-valve I could borrow for my trip through?

Also, how hard is tint to get off?

Edited by That_timothy

my advice, dont go to welshpool!

in a more high jacking style post, the pits wrote on my form the 2nd time i went through they cant do that correct? as in they cant add to the original list..

my advice, dont go to welshpool!

in a more high jacking style post, the pits wrote on my form the 2nd time i went through they cant do that correct? as in they cant add to the original list..

They can add to the original list. Really they shouldn't, as the inspectors should be consistent, but they aren't. Seb with his 31 has had way too many inspections than he should have, and no matter what he fixes they keep "finding" other stuff so it's dragged out way too long ;) I know his pain!

Snap! Welshpools my local... i've heard both good and bad things bout the place now :S

Overall it doesn't really matter what pits you go to, as the inspectors can be doing shifts at different pits. The good & bad things is just chance really, as your experience will come down to which inspector is doing your examination.

They can add to the original list. Really they shouldn't, as the inspectors should be consistent, but they aren't. Seb with his 31 has had way too many inspections than he should have, and no matter what he fixes they keep "finding" other stuff so it's dragged out way too long ;) I know his pain!

Overall it doesn't really matter what pits you go to, as the inspectors can be doing shifts at different pits. The good & bad things is just chance really, as your experience will come down to which inspector is doing your examination.

When I was there getting my first inspection the dude sitting next to me told me he had an S14 which'd failed Welshpool seven times ( :laugh: ) and eventually he'd 'sold' it to a friend and driven to Brookton, took the sticker off, and just asked them to inspect it on the basis it was newly bought, and they were really good, since he kept getting done for things which weren't actually illegal at Welshpool. When he got it back he obviously 'bought' it back again.

As much as that may well just be some dude boasting at the pits, could be an idea for this Seb guy?

• 2 weeks later...

PASSED!!!

Was actually quite a pleasant experience... haha

had a couple minor faults. one park light being out (ooops) and said the exhaust height was just on legal limit, but said just wind it up a cm because he noticed the adjustable coilovers and spend $4 on a new globe and on ya way.

Didn't mention anything about tyre widths being different or the 3rd brake light AND no mention of any Im240 test. :blink:

PASSED!!!

Was actually quite a pleasant experience... haha

had a couple minor faults. one park light being out (ooops) and said the exhaust height was just on legal limit, but said just wind it up a cm because he noticed the adjustable coilovers and spend $4 on a new globe and on ya way.

Didn't mention anything about tyre widths being different or the 3rd brake light AND no mention of any Im240 test. :)

Happy days! i got destroyed on my Pit inspection. Just try not to end up back there...

Got stickered my self tonight :)

Can anyone that KNOWS please shed light on these;

Windscreen Facing Vented CF Bonnet, fibreglass front guards/fenders, adjustable coilovers, adjustable suspension arms.

Also mismatched colour panels?

IE if im going to replace my bonnet with a stock one, i may not be able to find the same/similar colour, will any colour be fine?

Which pits did you goto brockdoe?

and also blinky - probably avoid the one your getting smashed around :D

Edited by colt75

Got stickered my self tonight ;)

Can anyone that KNOWS please shed light on these;

Windscreen Facing Vented CF Bonnet, fibreglass front guards/fenders, adjustable coilovers, adjustable suspension arms.

Also mismatched colour panels?

IE if im going to replace my bonnet with a stock one, i may not be able to find the same/similar colour, will any colour be fine?

Which pits did you goto brockdoe?

and also blinky - probably avoid the one your getting smashed around :down:

CF Bonnet will not be legal unless the vents are blocked off... makes the vents pointless i know.

dont know about the fenders i would say they are not allowed as they would not have correct crumple zones

coilovers fine as long as the ride height is ok.

you can only have 2 colored panels on a car as far as i know, please some one confirm.

I prebooked an examination at Kelmscott. Saved lining up.

Was in and out in like 20-30 minutes hey.

Coilovers are fine. I passed with them, if anything they helped me pass because my exhaust height was only just legal and he said when i get home just wind up my suspension 10mm or so because he noticed they were adjustable coilovers.

CF bonnets as far as i know are illegal vented or not, due to them splintering instead of just bending in if ya hit someone/thing, becomes sharp.