SAU Community

Am I Crazy

GWP021

so with a new house and family the logistics of running a once a month race car ( aka cherrired) and a family car ( tha fairmont) and tha missus daily (barina) are starting to look questionable

somethings gotta give methinks so the thought process right now is part with cherrired and the fairmont for a stagea and hopefully still be able to compete small time on the track

does this sound feasable or should i shed the toy till things sort themselves out and i can get back on the track

what to do what to do??????????????????????????

In all honesty, yes you are crazy.

Stagea's make a crap track car. They are heavy, slow (compared to a 'line) and need a crapload of suspension mods just to stop the oversteer. IMO if you go down this path you will cry a little bit every time you try and track the stag.

shed cherrired man. At least then you can still pop out to the shed and roll naked across the bonnet moaning "mineminemine" every now and again.

and +1 for a track only S13 or similar

Sif farken sell the 33 get rid of the fairmont!! Unless you have more than 2 kids of course.....

But if I were you I'd just hold back on the racing side of things for a while until you are on top of everything (in the most sexual way possible) and then you can get back into it (again). But if not & the 33 must be sacrificed it would suck, but be for the better in the long run.

i dont really want to part with either car and hopefully wont

but at the verry least dont think i will be competeing verry much next year which makes it hard to justify a track car

and the idea of a combo with a stag while not optimum is apealing course ive never driven one so would have to test afew first

Stagea's are awesome family cars, but they are bloody heavy, the fuel consumption may cause you to wee a little bit every time you fill up (even stock) and while the attessa system is capable under normal driving conditions, you have to remember that its NOT a GTR system, its based on the GT4 system, and thus is not set up for much abuse (This is what makes the stagea such a parts bin special, it was the only RB25DET powered nissan to be built with any form of attessa - R33 GT4 was NA only)

Dude, nah! Dont sell it.

She it and bring it out again when your ready to race again.

IF you do sell it with the intention of a Stagea for a track car, rethink that LOL

p.s. IF you have to sell her, im happy to do a deal on the diff as i want it...ill keep the memory or cherry red alive! Kinda like an organ donour if you will :)

no not a stag track car more something i could still have a little fun in and do the family car thing for afew years till i can aford to get a project

things wont happen till after the end of this years autotest either way

and i just dont think cherrired would be verry sellable without a diff mind you she worth about the same parted out as sold whole

• Latest Posts

• My trusted mechanic is Tunehouse in Calder St, Marrickville. He's the guy who did the ECUtek dyno tune on mine. I'm nearing the 85k mark for my motor and I'm considering getting the oil galley gaskets done as preventative maintenance when the time comes. Since my garage isn't big enough for such a task, I'm definitely going to be handing it over to him. You'll be impressed by how clean he keeps his workshop. It gives you the confidence he and his employees will look after your vehicle with the same pride.
    • The Bogan Sports Car now has fresh gear bag and diff oil The old gear bag oil was nice and clean looking, the old diff oil was average looking, not horrible, just dark, I've seen worse in other cars, much worse Good things was that both drain plug magnets looked good with zero bits of anything apart from a small coating of that typical black goo you get on the diff plug, it was probably the original diff oil, but nothing shiny The shifts are sweet, and the Torsen is Torsening like a boss (tested in the work vehicle maintenance yard after work). LOL In other noise related news, the Racing Beat axle back sound nicer than stock from outside with the roof down, but still pretty quiet, but it's not noticeable at all really inside with the roof up.....maybe it needs a header.....🤪  This is what a OEM header looks like 😝 > 🤣🤣🤣🤑   
    • what about people that have loud exhausts on automatics?
    • Does it have a vacuum brake booster? If it does, and the booster isn't connected you will get TPS and all sorts of other codes, and it will struggle to idle Have you driven the car, checked the brakes?