SAU Community

Suspension Headaches

wolven

This could probably go in the classifieds section but i figure the main page gets more traffic

Ok so it turns out my rear shocks are leaking (r/h is blown) and the fronts are soft so fun times.... I'm putting out a plea to the Stagea community of Australia I need your help and i know there are multiple threads on this but products costing and availability has changed since 2005 so im after current information.

Been running around Adelaide trying to find suitable replacements no one stocks off the shelf parts or have what i consider a good value option that they can order.

Went to Pedders who were quiet helpful and turns out they actually have a Coilover system on file specifically for the Rs4 Stag which is great but its an old product and im looking at 8-12weeks for special order and then $2000-$2500 fitted. Now I like the look of this because the suspension is specifically designed for Australian conditions and I've heard good things about the Pedders systems.The downside is the time line (not huge as ive been living with screwed shocks for awhile) and the price (im trying to save for a house).

So i need help either if someone can point me in the direct of a better value option or if you have Stagea shocks or Coil overs that you are willing to part with for a reasonable price that would be very much appreciated.

thank you in advance

This could probably go in the classifieds section but i figure the main page gets more traffic

Ok so it turns out my rear shocks are leaking (r/h is blown) and the fronts are soft so fun times.... I'm putting out a plea to the Stagea community of Australia I need your help and i know there are multiple threads on this but products costing and availability has changed since 2005 so im after current information.

Been running around Adelaide trying to find suitable replacements no one stocks off the shelf parts or have what i consider a good value option that they can order.

Went to Pedders who were quiet helpful and turns out they actually have a Coilover system on file specifically for the Rs4 Stag which is great but its an old product and im looking at 8-12weeks for special order and then $2000-$2500 fitted. Now I like the look of this because the suspension is specifically designed for Australian conditions and I've heard good things about the Pedders systems.The downside is the time line (not huge as ive been living with screwed shocks for awhile) and the price (im trying to save for a house).

So i need help either if someone can point me in the direct of a better value option or if you have Stagea shocks or Coil overs that you are willing to part with for a reasonable price that would be very much appreciated.

thank you in advance

Japaneaseimportspares.com in Adelaide have some coilovers stag specific $1000 2 sets last time I checked looked new(I would get the ones with the softest spring rate) or if you want billsteins go to car torque nth terrace and get r32gtr fronts(valving closer to stag than33gtr) and gtst 33 rears be hard and ask for a good price. F**k giving pedders $2500 big ones :D

Get a set of Bilsteins from someone who knows what they are doing and make sure they are valved right for your wagon. You can set your height with the Bilsteins and keep your standard springs. If you want you can change your springs later but you may find it not necessary.

Get a set of Bilsteins from someone who knows what they are doing and make sure they are valved right for your wagon. You can set your height with the Bilsteins and keep your standard springs. If you want you can change your springs later but you may find it not necessary.

I second this motion.