SAU Community

Fuel Pump Upgrade Question

KEM.D

ay peeps i want to upgrade my fuel pump on r32 with hi flow im thinking walbro---- whats the best one to get for the dollar located in melbourne if anyone noes a shop besides autobarn let us no lool

I'm a fan of the Bosch 044 mounted in tank.

Overkill IMO when the 040 (direct fit) is plenty or you could run a 023 if you wanted something with a little more flow.

Personally im a BOSCH fan myself and dont rate the Walbros but different stroke.s

$210 for a brand new 040 KEM.D :thumbsup:

044's can run in tank or out.. personally I'm with the paintballman, better an 044 with a proper sock and fuelling capacity than either a walbro, or an 040 with sfa filtering. Or if you have too much money or no mechanical aptitude any of the jap drop-ins. As you could tell 044 intank here as well.

Paragon, your setup is massive overkill for the vast majority here but is quite nice.

Edited by heller44

040 seems to be fine in my application (stock). Not very noisy and it was relatively easy to fit, apart from it being considerably fatter than the stock pump.

I went for the Bosch because I thought it would be a better quality unit than the Walbro.

It hasn't failed yet so I'm not worried.

What did worry me was that despite the extra $$ spent on the Bosch, it didn't come with the nuts for the wiring posts AND it was made in the Czech Republic, not Germany.

Ah well, that's how it goes isn't it!

044's can run in tank or out.. personally I'm with the paintballman, better an 044 with a proper sock and fuelling capacity than either a walbro, or an 040 with sfa filtering. Or if you have too much money or no mechanical aptitude any of the jap drop-ins. As you could tell 044 intank here as well.

Paragon, your setup is massive overkill for the vast majority here but is quite nice.

:D