SAU Community

Rb30/25 In Me R32 Problem/s

fatblackskyline101

i got a 30/25 out of silvia goin in me r32 which had a rb25 (standard) in it,, threw it in other day -30/25.. the greedy like front plemum hits me clutch master cylinder, not to sure if it is origanal skyline one thou cause it was an auto b4, anyone had this problem?? and also the turbo turns straight into the strut tower!!!!! wat else?, me engine mount on drivers side dont work with rb25 engine mounts brackets..... wen i had me standard rb25 in me r32 i used r32 brackets with vl mounts, wat has other ppl used here??

i got a 30/25 out of silvia goin in me r32 which had a rb25 (standard) in it,, threw it in other day -30/25.. the greedy like front plemum hits me clutch master cylinder, not to sure if it is origanal skyline one thou cause it was an auto b4, anyone had this problem?? and also the turbo turns straight into the strut tower!!!!! wat else?, me engine mount on drivers side dont work with rb25 engine mounts brackets..... wen i had me standard rb25 in me r32 i used r32 brackets with vl mounts, wat has other ppl used here??

Yes had the same problem. I used an R33 clutch master cylinder as it is a shorter item. I used standard R32 mounts and brackets albeit modified brackets to allow the motor to sit lower.

I've got the same setup as yours (rb30/25 into an r32) and I had the exact same problem (clutch master cylinder being too long). After weeks of thinking about what to do, my mechanic finally decided to instead just trim the back edge off the plenum. Fits perfectly now... The new turbo however (GT35R) only slightly scrapes the strut tower. I only wish I knew about the r33 master cylinder earlier otherwise I wouldn't have had to cut up the new plenum.

Yes had the same problem. I used an R33 clutch master cylinder as it is a shorter item. I used standard R32 mounts and brackets albeit modified brackets to allow the motor to sit lower.

+1 on both those accounts

I got an R33 clutch master cylinder as I thought my custom plenum was going to hit it, turned out it was fine.

I also used known R32 RB20 brackets and brand new R32 RB20 engine mounts. I redrilled the holes in the bracket to drop the engine down some.

I then had to get 6boost to do me a slightly different exhaust manifold as the turbo (GT35R) hit the strut tower.

thx for the info.. i get home n only hr left of day light so didnt really get to sus it out but r33 slave cylinder looks like the go!! i be lookin into that,,, and i got pasanger side engine mount and bracket on (rb20 bracket and rb30 mount- same as me rb25 in 32 setup).. have to look into other side tmrow arv, fingers crossed cause i was goin to get one made custom to suit from extreme engineering near archi airport, ever want sum pipes or anything at that matter see him!! he can weld a coke can lol

with turbo.. i turned it upside down -- me dumb dumb haah should of thought of that but had to take off power steer fluid bracket off and still f*k all room, just nuf for hose and clamp i rekon..

anyone got any other problems they had i would be more then happy to hear about them try save me sum time...

i still need to wire up me microtech Lt12 its wired to harness but still need to cut injector plugs off to suit me delphi rochester 870 injectors so bosch style plugs.. so much to do so lil time.