SAU Community

$$$ Buyer Protection $$$

I am crushed by your razor sharp wit and clever use of percentages.

My brother is also upset about not being relevent. I mean, he knows it not as noble a proffesion as a doctor or a copy writter, but still, he is a person too.

SERIOUSLY BRO, WHY ARE YOU HERE!?

Edited by R33Gangstar

Oh you have sooooo caught me on a wrong day for this… So here I go...

So why does no one care about us skyline drivers on a skyline forum?

Where is the protection....?

and it's funny no one's policing this site.HA! it seems there more admin then members.

im suprised this issue hasnt seem any admin attention yet!...........any minute now or as some may say "ignorance is bliss"

If you mean to tell me Admin around here does nothing then mate - simply put, you have no f**king idea.

To say something "should be provided" is appaling. You haven't even donated and you make demands as a known trouble maker? Just wow.

I just speak for myself here, I get 20 PM's per week on average, sometimes 30-40 about various issues/problems and about 20% are trader/sale related.

I spend on average 5hrs per week just going through the For Sale section. This is to make sure threads have sufficient info, known bad traders/users are not posting items again etc etc. You get used to seeing the same people as they type threads in similar ways, pretty intensive to know this kinda of thing.

Also fixing up donations that sometimes don’t work, business trader access/inquries

The other 10hrs a week I spend

- Granting state club access for members (vic/sa)

- Banning spam bots

- Checking Group Buy threads are all in order

- Moving threads to correct area's so members get decent/genuine answers to their issues/topics

- Rechecking known IP's for bad user re-signups (I get a lot of success here)

All of this - I do for the love of the place mate. I do not get paid a cent. The time and effort put in is simply to keep this running for everyone else because I want to do it to help out.

So to have a wise crack like that towards the Admin team here does nothing - is a disgrace.

And in the other time i have - i actually post to interact with the world!

If you pay the seller though paypal then your buyer protection is there.

Buying of someone you dont know is a risk at the best of times. I know SAU go to some lengths to eliminate possible shady users - however this forum is free to use, and hence no one is being paid to police the forums 24/7 (though I tip my hat to those who have brought it to where it is today).

I think it is up to the individual to do there homework on the seller - or we could start charging to place ads... but then no-one would advertise... and then less people would look here... and then no-one would have any reason to sell here.....

Same goes for some form of paid insurance.... who would pay it? (who would underwrite it?)

It isnt an unreasonable idea... but a difficult one to implement.

Pretty much what I would have said Steve - had it not been a bad day :yes:

Being it borders beyond difficult - SAU will no engage in this. It is buyer beware, it always has been… this is the internet afterall.

You will never be able to save someone from blindly EFT'ing money into someone's account. No insurance or protection can be offered here and this is where every 'bad trade' comes from. Stupid people, doing stupid EFT's.

Skylines Australia (in my opinion) is one of the most secure forums to trade over due to the diligence of Admin/Mods when you think about the fact we have 50,000 users and the For Sale areas collectively have over 1,000,000 views a month. Its been as high as 1,500,000 in heavy times.

There is a bucket load going on.

It's the users that let themselves down at the end of the day.

That said - The For Sale area is going through a massive rewrite

If you have all read the announcement: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/de...in-forum14.html

A major focus of this is some very big and complex change, that will make SAU the next step once again. I've done a massive writeup of reccomendations, suggestions and "must have's" for the new area's.

However, like all good things, this does take a fair bit of time as this is all done in people's spare time.

Oh you have sooooo caught me on a wrong day for this… So here I go...

:(

If you mean to tell me Admin around here does nothing then mate - simply put, you have no f**king idea.

To say something "should be provided" is appaling. You haven't even donated and you make demands as a known trouble maker? Just wow.

I just speak for myself here, I get 20 PM's per week on average, sometimes 30-40 about various issues/problems and about 20% are trader/sale related.

I spend on average 5hrs per week just going through the For Sale section. This is to make sure threads have sufficient info, known bad traders/users are not posting items again etc etc. You get used to seeing the same people as they type threads in similar ways, pretty intensive to know this kinda of thing.

Also fixing up donations that sometimes don't work, business trader access/inquries

- Banning spam bots

- Moving threads to correct area's so members get decent/genuine answers to their issues/topics

All of this - I do for the love of the place mate. I do not get paid a cent. The time and effort put in is simply to keep this running for everyone else because I want to do it to help out.

So to have a wise crack like that towards the Admin team here does nothing - is a disgrace.

>>>>>OMFG!!!!!!!! i was agreeing with you here moron. if you didnt understand when i said there are more admin than members!!!

plus i think you guys do a great job (with some exception's) but all in all your trying to do a good deed for skyline lovers.

And in the other time i have - i actually post to interact with the world!

Pretty much what I would have said Steve - had it not been a bad day :)

Being it borders beyond difficult - SAU will no engage in this. It is buyer beware, it always has been… this is the internet afterall.

You will never be able to save someone from blindly EFT'ing money into someone's account. No insurance or protection can be offered here and this is where every 'bad trade' comes from. Stupid people, doing stupid EFT's. <<<<thats a given and why protection for some is a nice idea.

Skylines Australia (in my opinion) >>>>>is one of the most secure forums to trade<<<<<< :P WHAT! (BUT WAIT,HE'LL CONTRADIC HIMSELF LATER) over due to the diligence of Admin/Mods when you think about the fact we have 50,000 users and the For Sale areas collectively have over 1,000,000 views a month. Its been as high as 1,500,000 in heavy times.

There is a bucket load going on.

It's the users that let themselves down at the end of the day.

That said - The For Sale area is going through a massive rewrite

If you have all read the announcement: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/de...in-forum14.html

A major focus of this is some very big and complex change, that will make SAU the next step once again. I've done a massive writeup of reccomendations, suggestions and "must have's" for the new area's.

However, like all good things, this does take a fair bit of time as this is all done in people's spare time.

THANKS YOU FOR YOUR INPUT, LIKE A SAID, IF EVERYONE PUTS THEIR IDEAS UP ADMIN GUYS LIKE YOU CAN USE THESE IDEAS TO FIND THE BEST WAY FOR ALL (INCLUDING THE FORUM) TO PROVIDE A SAFER WAY TO TRADE, NEXT TIME YOUR ON YOUR RAG I WOULD SUJEST YOU GO HOME AND KICK YOUR DOG BEFORE MAKING A FOOL OUTTA YOURSELF HERE.

REGARDS DAMIEN

Edited by R33Gangstar

I've made a fool out of myself? lol. Right. You were clearly having a go at Admin. Do not try and backpeddle on your words now. Gotta love the 2hr post edit limit :P

If you read in context my points (which are in rather basic english)... You will easily see i did not "contradict" myself at all.

When i say - "This place is as secure/safe as it can get." That's exactly what i mean.

SAU has done just about everything in its power to provide as best of a free facility as possible.

However nothing can save people from their own stupidity at the end of the day.

We could spend a fortune and the silly people would still get stung, i can say this without any doubt in my mind. So what is then achieved?

A lot of effort for no gain because (once again, just to hammer the point home) stupid people will still blindly EFT and get stung no matter what measures we put in place

It's either something that you fail to comprehend or accept, whichever that is doesn't bother me.

- Banning spam bots

just like the genius starting this thread

for your info i have not seen a cleaner forum "for sale" section. i have seen that in MANY occasions R31Nismoid has taken care of a thread/moved(like now)/ deleted crap ppl wrote/ locked or watever may be required

and a tool like you comes and give him crap about "policing the website" :P

go back to your class kiddo coz your the one who needs english classes coz u seem to not know wat your talking about when you say "contradict"

I've made a fool out of myself? lol. Right. You were clearly having a go at Admin. Do not try and backpeddle on your words now. Gotta love the 2hr post edit limit :P

If you read in context my points (which are in rather basic english)... You will easily see i did not "contradict" myself at all.

When i say - "This place is as secure/safe as it can get." That's exactly what i mean.

SAU has done just about everything in its power to provide as best of a free facility as possible.

However nothing can save people from their own stupidity at the end of the day.

We could spend a fortune and the silly people would still get stung, i can say this without any doubt in my mind. So what is then achieved?

A lot of effort for no gain because (once again, just to hammer the point home) stupid people will still blindly EFT and get stung no matter what measures we put in place

It's either something that you fail to comprehend or accept, whichever that is doesn't bother me.

HUUUUURRRRRRR HERE WE GO AGAIN, ILL PUT IT IN POINT FORM FOR YOU.

1- READ WHAT I SAID RETARD AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT I WAS SAYING THERE ARE HEAPS OF ADMIN.

2- IF I WAS BACK PEDDLING THEN WHY WOULD I ARGUE WITH A RETARDED ADMIN WHO'S CLEARLY ON THE RAG.

3- IF "This place is as secure/safe as it can get." THEN WHY IS THE TRADE SECTION GETTING A MAKE OVER

4- THATS CALL CONTRADICTIONG YOURSELF SAYING ITS PERFECT BUT IT NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT FOR CHANGES......UMMMMMM

5- YOUR NOT REALLY HELPING. IN ANY WAY AT ALL. NOTHING!!!!

6- THE REASON I GOT A BAD MARK AGAINST ME IF FOR PROVING AN ADMIN LOSSER WRONG AFTER ARGUING WITH HIM FOR A DAY.SOME ADMIN GUYS ARE ABSOLUTE CHAMPIONS AND THEN THEIR'S YOUR TYPE. WELL DONE BRO, YOUR DOING THE TEAM GOOD.......

just like the genius starting this thread

for your info i have not seen a cleaner forum "for sale" section. i have seen that in MANY occasions R31Nismoid has taken care of a thread/moved(like now)/ deleted crap ppl wrote/ locked or watever may be required

and a tool like you comes and give him crap about "policing the website" :P

go back to your class kiddo coz your the one who needs english classes coz u seem to not know wat your talking about when you say "contradict"

WHATS WITH ALL THE HATE BRO, YOUR BOYFRIEND LEAVE YOU....?

IF YOUR NOT GOING TO TRY AND HELP THEN JUST LEAVE.

1. Go and read your comment again

2. Mate you are the one making rather stupid comments here, not me.

3. To make it more user friendly predominately, benefit users/traders alike. There wont be any major changes that will stop fools from being parted with their money. Plus SAU is going IPB 3.0, lots of opportunity to make everything better

4. No it's not. I clearly said it doesn't simply because you cannot save people from themselves

5. Well neither is your attitude, your posts, or this entire thread to be honest

6. You were warned about bragging/postsing about street racing - That is not arguing, that is being a plain and simple muppet.

End of this thread.

If anyone has any reasonable suggesstions or offers - feel free to PM me.

Remember we are looking for people to help code some major changes for SAU 3.0 - It's your chance to be a part of something awesome :P

HUUUUURRRRRRR HERE WE GO AGAIN, ILL PUT IT IN POINT FORM FOR YOU.

1- READ WHAT I SAID RETARD AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT I WAS SAYING THERE ARE HEAPS OF ADMIN.

2- IF I WAS BACK PEDDLING THEN WHY WOULD I ARGUE WITH A RETARDED ADMIN WHO'S CLEARLY ON THE RAG.

3- IF "This place is as secure/safe as it can get." THEN WHY IS THE TRADE SECTION GETTING A MAKE OVER

4- THATS CALL CONTRADICTIONG YOURSELF SAYING ITS PERFECT BUT IT NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT FOR CHANGES......UMMMMMM

5- YOUR NOT REALLY HELPING. IN ANY WAY AT ALL. NOTHING!!!!

6- THE REASON I GOT A BAD MARK AGAINST ME IF FOR PROVING AN ADMIN LOSSER WRONG AFTER ARGUING WITH HIM FOR A DAY.SOME ADMIN GUYS ARE ABSOLUTE CHAMPIONS AND THEN THEIR'S YOUR TYPE. WELL DONE BRO, YOUR DOING THE TEAM GOOD.......

Pull your head in and lose your attitude, or leave the forum.

Continue with the personal attacks and your banned, its as simple as that.

There are constructive ways to raise the thoughts and ideas you are hitting on, however the way you have gone about trying to get your point across leaves a lot to be desired.