SAU Community

Securing Stuff In The Boot?

Tony de Wonderful

Ok I've got a fire-extinguisher, a small pelican case with some basic tools, a hydraulic jack, and a spanner for my wheels nuts in the boot.

So when I go around corners I can hear it all sliding about.

I'm not drifting or 'fishtailing it'....just driving normal. :whistling:

I'd appreciated some help with this pressing matter. :(

/yeah I know I should get a mount for the extinguisher but I've not got around to sorting that out yet. I was gonna secure it to a home-made bracket attached to the seat bolt rails.

There'll be a sub frame you can secure the extinguisher holder to (that big plate that goes behind the passenger seats even ?).

For everything else, get a box :whistling: dont even worry about securing it, it wont move if its all together.

Edited by Nic_A31

fire extinguisher in boot = Fail by the tme you get outof car open boot fire has taken over

Mount the extinguisher inside cabin under drivers seat or at least within reach of driver with seat belt still done up

rest of stuff get a small tool box and glue non slip matting to the bottom of it

fire extinguisher in boot = Fail by the tme you get outof car open boot fire has taken over

Mount the extinguisher inside cabin under drivers seat or at least within reach of driver with seat belt still done up

rest of stuff get a small tool box and glue non slip matting to the bottom of it

Good idea...or velco or something?

Or could get a big thick piece of foam, cut it out so it fits in my boot, then cut out the shapes of my tool boxes etc and slot them in?

I do wonder about the virtue of having a jack and even a spare tyre. I mean firstly it is extra weight :) , and I've got RAC breakdown cover anyway, and I don't drive much outside the metropolitan area. I got a puncture last week so I figure that make me now very unlikely to get another one for years also.

Now that you've said that, Murphy's Law will have it that you blow a tyre next week.

If you're gonna mount the fire extinguisher inside, go drifter style, passenger side of the gearbox.

ha ha yeah.

No way do I want to drill holes through the floor pan or whatever.