SAU Community

R34 Gtr Compared To Sti And Evo 9

sorry i know this is a weird comparison but how does the performance and ride quality of the R34 GTR compare to the 06/07 STI and Evo 9? (assuming they are all stock)

like the STI compared to the Evo has more torque in lower RPMS and a more bearable ride while the Evo is faster and handles better but is really sluggish in low RPM, how does the R34 gtr fit in here?  I heard that the R34 is completely different from an Evo and STI and that it feels much bigger and heavier, does this mean it feels slower? 

thanks

Well what is the use of the car?

How much you going to spend on it?

dollar for dollar, R34 GTRs sell for 40-45k, where EVO9's are selling a bit above that depending on the year/spec.

EVO's win IMO though, all you need is a tune (can be done on the stock ECU), exhaust and boost and you have 220-240awkw. GTR's will make a tad more, but are a bit heavier.

EVO's are more aggressive and responsive.

However once you get up above 300-350rwkw then the game changes.

Stockish/mild modded - EVO9 wins in my book. Having knowing people with a lot, been in both in varying tune/power states (not interest in STi's, no good)

The Evo IX doesn't feel that sluggish at low rpm, imo. It picks up boost pretty quickly (twin scroll and short travel between turbo/motor). My previous 2l STi had very little below 3k rpm, but the new 2.5l STi is better. It drives pretty smoothly, whereas the 2l came on boost in one bang. The Evo IX is still better, imo. My brother's Evo IX, with a few simple mods, is a weapon.

STi has fractionally better ride quality than Evo. Both are still very bumpy. Evo is like a sharp shooter in terms of handling - very precise and on point.

Certainly quite different beasts to drive. To me, the GT-R seems to moves around a bit through corners, whereas the full time awd cars you can just plant it and it'll pull you out.

I'm happy with my GT-R. I enjoy it and feels more satisfying than the Evo/STi.

Edited by Huy

Having previously owned an Evo 8 GSR with about 200kw atw's (basic mods) I would say its definately a great car and a few grand would take it a long way in comparison to the gtr. The evo feels alot more nimble, and can even make shit drivers look like pros at the track. People have complained that the evo can be abit harsh as a daily ride.

But as above the GTR feels more satisfying to drive/own...perhaps just knowing you own/drive one of the best cars to come out of japan?