SAU Community

R33 Gtst Automatic Coughing

wikdr33

Hey guys ..

My R33 Automatic gtst when accelerated hard starts to cough after a certain point.... it coughs and regains acceleration and again coughs and that continues... but the car drives great when it is not taken to high acceleration .... i dont normally race the car to high rpm ... and the car is running on standard boost at the moment... so was wondering if anyone could help me out with this situation .... did anyone come across this before?

At a guess this happens around 4500rpm? Probably has between 80 000 and 100 000km on the clock?

Its your coil packs.

If you do a seach, youll find 11ty billion threads on this.

Get a set of split fire and chuck em in....your problem will probably be cured :)

At a guess this happens around 4500rpm? Probably has between 80 000 and 100 000km on the clock?

Its your coil packs.

If you do a seach, youll find 11ty billion threads on this.

Get a set of split fire and chuck em in....your problem will probably be cured :D

well the cars done 164000 ks already .. and yeah it happens at around around 4 to 4.5 k rpm ehh........

could u in any way tell me where i could fine em by any chance mate ... :)

cheers

Autoworx in Wangara does good deals on the Split Fires i believe.

If he cant help, try some of the other performance/import shops.

XSpeed, C-red, Hyperdrive etc etc.

Have a look at the consolidated workshop thread here http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Co...hr-t191756.html

and maybe call around to see who has them. Fitting them is an easy half hour job. Fairly straight forward but if you cant do it, im sure one of the workshops can help. :D

Good luck mate.