SAU Community

Valvoline Autofest, Murray Bridge

les adams

MEDIA RELEASE

The Valvoline Murray Bridge Autofest are set to return to the Bridge on the Australia Day Weekend, January 23rd and 24th 2010

Now into it’s fourth year, the Valvoline Murray Bridge AutoFest is already regarded as Street Machine Heaven by all that have attended, even girlfriends and wives can't get enough of this City after all, where can you have a blast with your car within the event then wander just back 100 meters to your houseboat on the mighty Murray River to enjoy all it has to offer.

We also welcome new naming right partner Valvoline, a division of Ashland Inc., serves more than 100 countries worldwide and is a leading marketer, distributor and producer of quality branded automotive and industrial products and services. . Best known for its quality, high performance automotive lubricants, Valvoline also markets Eagle One® car care products, Car Brite® car restoration products, Zerex® antifreeze, SynPower® performance products, Pyroil® automotive chemicals and MaxLife® products created for higher-mileage engines.

Advertising will be via multimedia nationally but with the main consideration given to Victoria, NSW and of course South Australia.

Competitors have already entered from most states of Australia and it is expected that spectators will do similar giving a HUGE boost to the local Murraylands economy.

The Valvoline Murray Bridge Autofest, runs over the entire Australia Day Weekend, will have all the HIGH OCTANE events such as the Go To Whoa, Motokana, Dyno Comp, Shine N Shine, Option Audio Stereo Comp, Trade Displays, Supercruise and everyone's favorite the Mighty Burnout Comp.

Team Extreme will also making their return SA visit and together with their awesome Supercharged weapons are sure to Excite All once again.

It will be a fantastic place to be on Australia Day Weekend, and it's an easy 45-minute drive down the freeway from Adelaide.

The Rural City of Murray Bridge is continuing its strong support and welcomes all visitors to the region to enjoy what is on offer and strongly suggests that if your accommodation isn’t booked to do so ASAP to avoid disappointment.

www.autofest.com.auuser_online.gifreputation.gif

• 1 month later...
We are also working starting our opening times a bit later in the mornings so we can then go a little later in the evenings to keep us all COOL, whats your thoughts on this?

Hi Les

While I'm interested in this event, I have to run it by the executive committee of SAU:SA before we can commit to an approved display. We're keen on the Whyalla Show as well as the Street Machine show, and both are around that time, so it will come down to our resources. That said, the MB event is closer to Adelaide than any of the other AutoFest events, so I feel it would be a good one to have a presence at. The event at Mount Gambier sounds like even more fun, however its scheduled within a week of the Riverland Auto Expo, which I'm already committed to in 2010.

Perhaps you can PM me any information that could help us? Accomodation details would be a great help, esp when it comes to secure parking for the vehicles.

Thanks

-D

We are working on starting at 10.00 am and finishing around 7.30/8.00pm on the Saturday and mabe do the same Sunday whats your thoughts.

Unregisted cars, we have a deal in place to cover us for unregisted cars, this is very limited and all cars must be neat and tidy, pass the scrutineering and pay a $80.00 insurance waiver also payable at scrutineering.

Hi all, thought I would start early in the lead up for the 2009 Murray Bridge Autofest remembering its now only 3 months away.

Booked our accommodation recently and was again surprised when the booking office told me that 53 boats have already been booked so for those wanting accommodation I would suggest you get in now.

The Murray Bridge Council, Police and SA Government have all been working together with us to again improve future plans and all is looking great.

Some of the things put on the table were, improved public safety, security, more Shade and more marketing Murray Bridge as a destination

Anyone with IDEA`S on how to improve what we do don’t be shy, let us know and we will see what we can do.

Also have had plenty of people enquiring about trade sites and for those wanting to secure a site email the team at [email protected]

For upcoming updates keep in touch at www.autofest.com.au

For Accommodation Call Murray Bridge Tourist Information on 088539 1142

Best accommodation will be Houseboat check out www.ozhouseboats.com.au and stay at the event, What a way to go,

Backpackers

Bed and Breakfast

Caravan Parks

Hotels and Motels

Hotels and Motels

Balcony Bed & Breakfast

Address: 6 Sixth Street, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8531 1411

Bridgeport Hotel

Address: Bridge Street, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8532 2002

Central Olympic Motel

Address: 34, Standen Street, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8532 2359 Facsimilie: 08 8532 4194 Free Call: 1800 088 322

Murray Bridge Hotel

Business: 08 8532 2024

Murray Bridge Motor Inn

Address: Princes Highway East, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8532 1090 Facsimile: 08 8531 0313

Murray Bridge Motor Lodge

Address: 212, Adelaide Road, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8532 1144 Facsimile: 08 8531 3033

Murray Bridge Oval Motel & Caravan Park

Address: 4, LeMessurier Street, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

08 8532 2388 Facsimile: 08 8531 1101

Caravan Parks

Avoca Dell Caravan Park

Address: Murray Drive, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8532 2095 Facsimile: 08 8532 2795

Long Island Caravan Park & Marina

Address: Roper Road, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8532 6900 Facsimile: 08 8532 6261

Murray Bridge Oval Motel & Caravan Park

Address: 4, LeMessurier Street, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

08 8532 2388 Facsimile: 08 8531 1101

Princes Highway Caravan Park

Address: 313, Princes Highway, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8532 2860

White Sands Riverfront Caravan Park

Address: Jervois Road, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

08 8532 1421

Bed and Breakfast

Balcony Bed & Breakfast

Hy Am Home

Address: 43, Parish Crescent, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8532 1174

Swanport Views

Address: Lot 9 Queen Louisa Drive, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8532 3833

The Bridge Retreat

Business: 08 8531 2229 Mobile: 0414274638

The Udder Place

Address: Long Flat Road, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

Business: 08 8531 1153 Mobile: 0408383361

Backpackers

Balcony Bed & Breakfast

Murray Bridge Back Packer

Address: 1, McKay Road, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253

08 8532 6994

Edited by les adams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Springnats has been run and won so next up is Murray Bridge and as usual the team at Sprints at Murray Bridge have come on board to give you guys and girls discounts on the entry fees into the event so get in contact with them and save as the fees are being kept at the early bird rate.

We Welcome and cater for ALL Street Machines, Hot Rods, Imports, Restored/Authentic and Kustoms

Check www.autofest.com.au for more details:

Early bird entry = $100 for show N shine + dyno + sound comp+ supercruise

or $150 that = full entry including the above + go to whoa+ corkscrew+burnout+cruise track

Condition of this Offer is that you must go into or fax Sprint Auto Parts located at 131 Adelaide Road Murray Bridge.

Phone Ben and the team on 088 5321726

Fax 088 5326437

i was keen to enter, but the track car insurance fee turns me away.

i understand why its in place tho, +1 on the shade,

spec. for the rangas eh danny? :D

yer the sun tries to sets me on fire!!

now ive sold the gtr i wont be going, the drive was the most exciting part of the day :s