SAU Community

So I'm Moving To Perth

cainer33

Just got a job transfer with my employer, I'm moving from sunny QLD to WA and I wondering what would be a decent area to perch myself for a while whilst I get a feel for the place.

I had my eye on innaloo, victoria park or bayswater, needs to be somewhere near a train line or a decent public transport line (for my missus not me) and not too far from the airport (night shifts, not fun driving too far after them)

What do you guys reckon about those areas, I really have no idea which is a good or dodgy part of town over there, but more then $450/week rent is a bit much :D

Innaloo being north of the river may be too far, not a huge amount depending on where you are closeness to a traino is quite variable but generally close - Victoria park could be nice its right in the city so pretty close to airport, theres a Victoria Park station and theres buses everywhere, but I dont like Vic park that much, bit dirty and crowded imho. Then theres Bayswater really close to the airport in terms of the other suburbs its about one or two away. Train stations quite close by. My opinion Bayswater is the best go and Victoria Park is the doggiest out of the 3.

if you could find a place around the east perth/mount lawley area, that would be perfect also. bayswater is actually quite a good idea though. very near bassendean - home of wilkinson suspensions :-D and train goes right through. it's the shit.

Bayswater isn't that bad, it's the suburb before mine. Close to the airport, close to traino, close to Galleria shops, plenty of fast food/grocery stores around.

Agree'd, out of the ones you mentioned Bayswater sounds like it meets your criteria the best.

I've lived in Noranda for 21 years and it's a pretty decent suburb. Nice people, shops, housing etc, it's close to the highway which leads (basically) striaght to the inter/national airport/s, there is some decent bus routes around that will go to the Morley bus station (the next suburb along) and then to the city of wherever u need to go.

All in all, im happy with Noranda, and it's only 10km's NorthEast of the CBD, so you are relatively close to large shops, nightlife areas, restuarants, etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

Gosnells.

and live with the local indigenous pplz:)

Haha i live next door in Maddo. We're just a touch nicer than Gosnells. but still kickin it up with the indigenous.

off topic i know but chis34 did you head into maddo today via albany hwy?

Sure did mate. not in my 34 though. I would of been driving around a black VZ SS Ute (company car). I work in Maddington so i drive around the albany hwy area a lot. Normally im driving my skyline but coz its at the workshop all this week, i havent been able to drive it around :P

You'll probs see it everyday at metro maddo shops when i go to grab some lunch. And occasionally gunning it through albany hwy/kenwick link swinging in between our 2 car yards :(

lived in Sorrento for 18 years.

northern coastal suburb, mostly like scarbs/innaloo, no complaints absolutely love it.

Northern and coastal is great IMO

Pretty much anywhere near water (coast, river, lake) is a very tasteful suburb, no derros, low crime etc...

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Bayswater meets your needs, reasonably close to airport, rent is cheap and lots of drugs

I lived in Bayswater 2 years.. can you tell?

Rivervale is close to airport, cheap rent and dodgy but not as dodgy as some previously mentioned.

Innaloo is a good area but a bit of a mission to the airport