SAU Community

Mallanats Mallala Performance Nationals

BENDERS32

Hey guys and girls i was thinking of entering my car into Mallanats on the 5th of December and was wondering id there was anyone interested in doing a club display? i only found out about this today it sounds like a really good day. i hope that people would be interested. Its a good chance to meet new members and a great opportunity to get out onto the track, and give it a go.

the event consists of:

• Burnouts
  • Power skid
  • Go to whoa
  • Dash for cash
  • Extreme entry drift
  • Dyno challenge
  • Show n shine
  • Track cruise

event information and entry forms can be found on.

www.mallala.com

the event will be held on the 5th of December.

cheers BEN.

Edited by BENDERS32

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I have to think about it. I'll need the car off the road to get some interior trimming done in the near future.

Sounds good, what did u have in mind?

hey was wondering who has a banner for the club etc? for the display, would be nice to make it look all official.

yep its a Saturday. im taking the day off work haha.

haha yeah sames does any1 know what they mean by track cruise? is just that pace it around the track takin it easy with passengers? and by peeling off too the burnout pad does that mean with passengers still in the car? thatd be mad fun. im so entering

haha yeah sames does any1 know what they mean by track cruise? is just that pace it around the track takin it easy with passengers? and by peeling off too the burnout pad does that mean with passengers still in the car? thatd be mad fun. im so entering

suss www.mallala.com mate all the info is on there, in detail.

Mallala Motor Sport Park

Saturday 5th December from 10.00am

www.mallala.com

The Events….

Burnouts

Let loose on the Mallala burnout pad. The judging will be based on several, including smoke, form, tyre

blowout and crowd appeal. The Burnouts is certainly one of the most exciting events on the card for the Mallala

Performance Nationals. It will be loud, smoky and there will be plenty shredded rubber at the finish! The winner

takes home $1,000 & a trophy.

Track Cruise

The track will be open at nominated times during the event for entrants to cruise around the track with their

mates on board. Cruising is one of the more popular events, and competitors and their passengers get to enjoy

their vehicles in a relaxed atmosphere……and there is an added bonus; cars will be able to peel off from the

pack and smoke some tyres on the Mallala Burnout pad!

Dash for Cash

This event consists of single car runs over 250 metres with a rolling start and flying finish.

The competition will be conducted on the ‘esses’ between Turn 7 and the Start/Finish line. This event will be

highly competitive but still provides an opportunity for a production street car to enter and have some fun. The

winner takes home a $500 cash prize and a trophy.

Show ‘n Shine

Some top line cars are expected at Mallala to show off their extraordinary paint jobs and interiors in the Show

’n Shine. The Show ‘n Shine will have different categories but one thing is for certain - the cars will be

immaculate and you will be amazed at the attention to detail.

Extreme Entry

An event best suited to experienced drifters. After winding up their speed down the main straight, the cars will

be sideways at around 140km drifting into Mallala’s Turn 1, and at the same time trying to avoid the tyre stacks

and concrete wall. Judges will be looking for the fastest, most controlled and most spectacular drift entry.

Power Skid

This will be staged on the front (start/finish) straight. Entrants form up at Turn 8 and proceed along the front

straight. The Power Skid competition is designed to show off a vehicle’s horsepower and the drivers ability to

use the power to smoke tyres for the longest distance while only using the brake pedal to keep the car under

control.

The judges will choose the most impressive displays of horsepower, driver talent, engine revs, quantity and

length of smoke.

Go to Whoa

Go to Whoa is a popular event where competitors charge off from the line and head for a double set of lines at

the other end of the main straight. When they reach the other end they have to come to a complete stop

between the double lines and the competitor that completes this task in the fastest time is the winner. This

discipline needs a combination of good acceleration and braking capabilities - the big more horsepower cars

can get away quicker, but smaller, more nimble cars stop quicker. The results will be very close in this ultra

competitive event.

Dyno Challenge

The Dyno Challenge is a very popular competition. Competitors will try to beat each other in the horsepower

stakes by strapping the car to a Dyno and letting the accelerator loose!

Admission Info….

Tickets at the gate

Adult $30

Children U14 Free

Free Paddock entry, free grandstands and free parking.

Gates Open 10.00am

The track action will start at approx 11.00am and finish after dark.

Other Activities….

There will be plenty of entertainment throughout the weekend, including;

DR Motorcycle Stunts

Following a successful year of entertaining thousands of fans around Australia, the nation’s most exciting stunt

bike talent, led by Danny Ross, will feature at the Mallanats. Raw and real, there isn’t much these guys can’t

do on 2 wheels…and yes, they run rain or shine!

Club Parking

Cruise to Mallala with your club or your mates and we’ll organise an area for you to park together…and put

your club cars on display! Old school, new Jap..whatever…bring it along.

Track Walk

Ever wanted to walk on the black stuff? Here is a rare chance to go out from behind the barriers and have a

close-up look at the famous Mallala circuit.

Mallala Motor Sport Park

www.mallala.com

08 8276 7744

:dry:

yes u can take ur mate on the burnout pad

The info is under the general regulations part mate. on the left hand side under entry form, on the mallala site

yeah sorry i found it, i was lookin in the wrong bit. that answered all my questions, thanks mate

Cruise to Mallala with your club or your mates and we’ll organise an area for you to park together…and put

your club cars on display! Old school, new Jap..whatever…bring it along.

Could be interesting...