SAU Community

Dameged R35 Gtr In Wa!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be de-valued and scared for life, being listed as a repairable writeoff. Once repaired it stays on the register for life!

What value does someone put on this. . . 10-20K??

What the??? Motor alone worth between $20 and $30K ....Then the trans, brakes, wheels, tyres, interior, panels. The list goes on. I estimate between $80 to $100K dismantling value.

What the??? Motor alone worth between $20 and $30K ....Then the trans, brakes, wheels, tyres, interior, panels. The list goes on. I estimate between $80 to $100K dismantling value.

You miss understood my post

Once the car is listed as a repairable writeoff, it never gets removed. So once someone repairs the car and tries to sell it, if the buyer is smart and gets a full revs and history check done, it will be on the report.

So what I meant was how much will that devalue the car?

Say a s/ahand one was worth $150K, one that has been repaired might be worth $10-20K less. Understand?

ahh - i'd say mroe than 10-20K less...

here's the thing - the market for a GTR driver isn't that of say - an S13

ie "for sale - S13 - crash repaired - blown head gasket - cracked manifold"

"hey mate give ya 2 grand for it"

"ok"

*guy buys silvia and throws sr20 in it and uses as a cheap track hack*

your average GTR driver isn't going to want to repair it - will cost mroe than it's worth - if you can afford the 70K or whatever for the wreck, and can afford to have it repaired by nissan with genuine parts (which you'll have to do) then get it re-registered and bla bla

...you'd just go to the nissan shop and say "hey mister nissan can i have a gtr pls?"

my thoughts are - what's the point? it's a write off - leave it in the pickles auction house, it's NOT an investment. it's NOT a race car. it's NOT worth parting out.

[pancakes.

if i may be so bold - would the "vendor" it was returned to - is there a chance that this is the original owner?

if it's the original owner - insurance would have paid out the write off cost of the vehicle, and the owner would've already received an insurance payout from the accident, wait - that makes no sense - the owner wouldn't have purchased the wreck obviously

my question is - bidding ended at 92 thousand (apparently) so who's "selling" the wreck??? ie, who's vested interest is it for this wreck to command more worth than 92 thousand? and - how can the interested party be so greedy? it's not worth 92 thousand - let alone more (in my opinion)

if i may be so bold - would the "vendor" it was returned to - is there a chance that this is the original owner?

if it's the original owner - insurance would have paid out the write off cost of the vehicle, and the owner would've already received an insurance payout from the accident, wait - that makes no sense - the owner wouldn't have purchased the wreck obviously

my question is - bidding ended at 92 thousand (apparently) so who's "selling" the wreck??? ie, who's vested interest is it for this wreck to command more worth than 92 thousand? and - how can the interested party be so greedy? it's not worth 92 thousand - let alone more (in my opinion)

Insurance company would have taken the car and put it up for auction.

Some people do what you have said though.

Get the full payout from insurance and go buy it back and part it out and sell it.

It wasn't returned to anyone. :blink: Maybe you misread my post.

Vendor would be the insurance company, if it was insured.

If the bidding doesn't meet the insurance companies reserve then pickles will take the offer to the insurance company to see if they are willing to accept the amount, or negotiate with the highest bidder to try and get their reserve. If not it will be up for sale again next week I guess. Standard auction stuff. Same thing happens with people selling houses if bidding doesn't get over the reserve.

Insurance companies greedy? No comment :ermm:

They would be making a huge loss on this policy. What's a GTR cost $170,000? paid out to the owner, who only paid one year of premiums. If they accept $92,500 for the wreck, that's almost $80 grand they loose. Maybe the reserve is more about them trying to minimise their loss than what they think the car is actually worth.

Insurance companies greedy? No comment :blink:

They would be making a huge loss on this policy. What's a GTR cost $170,000? paid out to the owner, who only paid one year of premiums. If they accept $92,500 for the wreck, that's almost $80 grand they loose. Maybe the reserve is more about them trying to minimise their loss than what they think the car is actually worth.

Yeh they will make a loss on this policy which is why Your premium, My premium, Tom, Dick and Harry's premium is high (or higher). They cover themselves by quantity of numbers, eg the number of people they charge $1000 a year, is enough to cover X amount of people writing a car off and having to payout them out, by the time they sell the wreck, even if it is a lot less then the payout, they are covering more of their payout cost.

I also agree with your greedy comment! Cheers

You know whats amazing to me. Its kinda laughable and really F**KED at the same time.

That totally F**KED UP WHITE GTR is going to sell for the same price or more than (assuming bid of AU$92500 was legit)

#1 - A near new perfect condition GTR in New Zealand with 8000km on the clock.

#2 - A brand new Nissan GTR in USA with 3 year factory warrenty and some change to spare

#3 - A brand new Nissan GTR in freaking UK (where cars cost alot) & 3 year warrenty

$92500 AU will buy you any of those cars in those countries.

There is something wrong with Australia. (PERIOD)

Yea......Would buy a shed full at 20k each.......Start my own R35 Wrecking/parts business......I would also say 70 to 110k....

depends on the day and if someone has a specific use for those parts....(Racing Team etc..)

You miss understood my post

Once the car is listed as a repairable writeoff, it never gets removed. So once someone repairs the car and tries to sell it, if the buyer is smart and gets a full revs and history check done, it will be on the report.

So what I meant was how much will that devalue the car?

Say a s/ahand one was worth $150K, one that has been repaired might be worth $10-20K less. Understand?

No I understood. What I was getting at is that the car is worth far more as a wrecker than as something to be repaired and re-registered. It would not even be an option to repair. If it sold I almost guarantee the buyer would not be repairing it...

Yea......Would buy a shed full at 20k each.......Start my own R35 Wrecking/parts business......I would also say 70 to 110k....

depends on the day and if someone has a specific use for those parts....(Racing Team etc..)

At $92k-110k if your just after parts, why would't you just buy a GTR in Japan with the great exchange rate, cut it in half like the (Donut king team?) did earlier this year and send it over to Australia?

Or is there alot of taxes you have to pay on parts as well? duties etc.