SAU Community

Eyelids

3340TH

I've been thinking maybe i want some eyelids for my car but not sure about the ones on ebay. I like the look of these ones (attached) but never seen them for sale anywhere...can someone help me out on where to find these or does someone make them perhaps. I really like the fact they go to the bottom corner of the light and not just straight across.

Thanks

NSR33400RF.jpg

ebay eye lids arent to bad. quality is ok.

as for those eye lids maybe they are custom. if i still had my 33, or atleast a set of headlights, id be able to make them for you.

the only thing i don't like about the ebay ones is they make it the car look 'sleepy' where as these have a more of an agression look to them. but this is not the only car i have seen them in other photos, what would be involved in making a set?

BlackR33Eyelids.jpg

MyGTR.jpg

I have these that I have taken off and are lying around. Obviously they are silver made of fiberglass and can be attached with silastic.

I know they are not exactly what your after but PM me if your interested in them and we can arrange something.

i want them because the top of my headlights are slightly damaged, and this would cover them, i have the same front kit as that GTR and looking at getting a vented bonnet. I'm trying to make the car look different cuz too many ppl do the same thing.

I agree with all bout making the car look clean as i am very fussy with what i put on my car. No stickers, none of this black and white 2 tone. If it looks off then it won't be going in/on the car.

Ok, well I've been working on a kind of Eye-lid project for a few weeks on my 33 GTR. I don't mind the front of the headlights but just think the sides don't look as good as say the R34 or silvia/s200 headlamps because the sides just droop down.

Since the R33 sides are so big, I thought OK I will make some "Side Lids" to reshape.

After lots of paint issues getting paint to stick to aluminum, here is one side done. I have to say it didn't turn out the way I thought it would when I visualised it in my mind. So I'm looking for honest critique here. Does it make them look better or does it just make me look like a tool trying too hard. Be honest, I can take it.

post-16200-1255846189_thumb.jpg post-16200-1255846220_thumb.jpg post-16200-1255846267_thumb.jpg

the only thing i don't like about the ebay ones is they make it the car look 'sleepy' where as these have a more of an agression look to them. but this is not the only car i have seen them in other photos, what would be involved in making a set?

not really much involved, glad wrap a headlight and apply the fibreglass to it. let it dry off and then take them off the headlight. final shape them with a grinder and paint to suit ur car.

Not a bad attempt. But it looks like something that belongs more on a prelude/civic/lancer... My GTR is almost identical and it had the normal eyelids on it when I got it, but after sanding back and cleaning up the headlights from yellow haze it looked alot better with them off. Good work at having a go though.

Yeah, well I pulled it off this morning before I drove to work. Thought I'd look at it with a fresh outlook in the morning and well - it just doesn't give the effect I wanted.

Maybe will try some angel eye highlights instead.

• 2 weeks later...

its a matter of personal preferance i guess. i got them to be different as i havent seen one getting around my area with them. im fitting them when i repaint the car to give it a while new look. mine dont go the whole way down the side of the light i think they look lame mine just go back to the edge to a point

so if you like them really does it matter about others opinions?