SAU Community

Cutting Out Problems Please Help!

KILR33

Hey guys recently went for a drive in my mates skyline r33 gts-t and on high boost 12 psi the car was cutting out which we thought was the car was over boosting therefor hitting fuel cut, but then we turned it down back to standard boost and it continued to do the same.

My mate has been pulling his hair out on the situation and was even contemplating selling his beloved car which he loves more than anything in the world id i hate to see it go because i know how much it means to him.

I thought it may have been the coil packs but i was not sure what do you guys think the problem may be?

Is this common?

Cheers

Christian

Don't know how you could hit fuel cut - there isn't one :P

Sounds like coil packs or plugs or AFM related.

Simply have a search in Forced Induction. These types of threads come up on a daily basis.

To talk about selling for what is a minor and common issue is a bit drastic, perhaps take it to a workshop if you can't diagnose yourself?

Hey guys recently went for a drive in my mates skyline r33 gts-t and on high boost 12 psi the car was cutting out which we thought was the car was over boosting therefor hitting fuel cut, but then we turned it down back to standard boost and it continued to do the same.

My mate has been pulling his hair out on the situation and was even contemplating selling his beloved car which he loves more than anything in the world id i hate to see it go because i know how much it means to him.

I thought it may have been the coil packs but i was not sure what do you guys think the problem may be?

Is this common?

Cheers

Christian

hey mate, back when i had my 33, the engine would cut out and i couldnt rev past 5000rpm. i thought it was a whole heap of different problems but it ended up just being the spark plugs. this is y u only see a mechanic u trust since the idiot i got to look at mine said i had genuine iridiums running, but when i pulled them out i found cheap burnt out $2 plugs. chucked some NGK platinums in and suddenly i was able to hit the redline no problems. i suggest u check out those plugs mate

I had the same problem with my R33-t checked plugs was fine and ended up replacing my coil packs with splitfire, now no problems, they seem to build up some heat in that channel and give an hair line crack, but that was my problem.