SAU Community

Wrx My06 Vs R33 Gtr Vspec

ash_29

other than all the obvious bs and my dislike for the look of wrx's the major question is what are you gunna do with it?

the gtr is a bigger stronger and heavier car that can seriously move while the wrx is a nimble Fing little thing that can do some serous cornering (tho id rather an evo)

me id pay off a serious chunk of the mortgage but ive got a track car in the shed so

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it has to be a 4 door, 2.0L, smallish car

a31-cefiro3.jpg

FIXED, besides, some Cefiro's came in AWD too, if traction is what you want.

Please die! :)

Lets face it, apart from the GTR in mention, there are way too many R33s running around...theyre becoming the Commodore - something different?

No, IMO its no longer an import if you can walk out your front door and go find one in a non HPV car yard.

Reckon this guy is starting to get the feeling that the WRX isnt liked around here much ?

Lets face it, apart from the GTR in mention, there are way too many R33s running around...theyre becoming the Commodore - something different?

Yeah I know it LOOKS like that...it's just that we 33 owners drive around ALOT (because our cars are just SO great) so it just LOOKS like there are more 33's about than there really are. :)

Anyway at least it means parts are forthcoming etc.

BTW I see WAY more Imprezas about. Now they are common.

Does that mean Commodores are the greatest car ever? seing as there are more of them than any other car on the road ? :) no, it means theyre cheap, and for knuckleheads.

Hahah, just kidding. I dont exactly hate the R33, I just think theyre the least appealing, and too many of them...I reckon Japan would take some back if we offered.

So, you're comparing a NON-STI to... not only a GTR but a GTR V Spec...that make the battle even more unfair. Disregarding such obvious advantages is like being stubborn and insisting your Civic runs 11 seconds without NoS...only in the movies buddy :(

Other pro's / cons:

Probably just as cheap to insure and run the GTR

Better response from 6 cylinders, and displacement

AWD system is much better

You'll probably find more support (and social acceptance) for the GTR on forums

EDIT:

Of course, this is all assuming you want power and performance, not hair gel and nasal delivery....

Edited by Nic_A31

Yeah I know it LOOKS like that...it's just that we 33 owners drive around ALOT (because our cars are just SO great) so it just LOOKS like there are more 33's about than there really are. :D

Anyway at least it means parts are forthcoming etc.

BTW I see WAY more Imprezas about. Now they are common.

true... i see shit loads of imprezas on the road.. and i drive around alot.... they are nothing special..

i think the OP should have got his answer by now...

4cyl 2.0L single turbo vs 6cyl 2.6L twin turbo

id pick the gtr .. its got more power...looks better... and u dont have to like it in the bum to own one.

To everyone saying WRX's are slow, did anyone see [GTR ETA] at powercruise? Because im sorry to say, but that was owning everything until it got engine knocks...

That said, WRX's are still gay and the GTR wins hands down :D