SAU Community

Wats The Best Air Filter If I Keep My Air Box ?

perthute

what's so confusing about that?

best way about it.

you hide the filter, you get cold air from outside the engine bay, and if you protect it, water and shit won't f**k it up and such.

If the air can get to it the filter so can the water n such , or do you use a special air valve that only lets air through ??

Nah you want to plumb the intake back to the turbo dump pipe.

It's a fully enclosed waterproof system. :(

Im building mine so the a/c blows cold air into a sealed box . True cold air intake then :( got a engineering company onto it now doing the plans n shit its gunna be killer

haha. some people don't really understand how cars work.

Air conditioner compressor saps power from your engine. adding cold air via inefficient mechanics will take the power you're hoping to achieve away from the mix.

nic is absolutely correct - it's a retarded modification that would take twenty minutes to do, and ten minutes to explode your compressor. besides, if you're getting a BAR of boost from your air conditioner, something has gone awfully, awfully wrong, and you'll need to start contemplating whether or not you really should have been born or not.

If the air can get to it the filter so can the water n such , or do you use a special air valve that only lets air through ??

lol. you're an idiot.

you couldnt work out how to fit 33 gts-t brakes onto hubs blink.gif

i was at his place the other day. they don't fit. needs different hubs.

all of you are perpetuating a thread with idiotic and inflammatory intent, when the thread can now die peacefully . here's why:

i have pick'd a pod n cb airbox and fmic form just jap .com

cheers

good news dude. pics?

haha. some people don't really understand how cars work.

Air conditioner compressor saps power from your engine. adding cold air via inefficient mechanics will take the power you're hoping to achieve away from the mix.

LOL I am sure he was joking. :)

BTW just because something takes power directly from the engine doesn't mean it does not = more power. A blower for example.

The turbo robs power just it's not coupled directly to the crank, but the boost = more power back....a net gain.

Edited by Tony de Wonderful

LOL I am sure he was joking. :)

BTW just because something takes power directly from the engine doesn't mean it does not = more power. A blower for example.

The turbo robs power just it's not coupled directly to the crank, but the boost = more power back....a net gain.

exactly the same. but, supercharger is a very efficient source of power in relation to mechanical power loss (or through drag with turbo). the little amount of grunt you drop from spinning the charger is made up with the increased pressure and air density. resulting in a shitload of awesome. net gain makes things viable. pointlessness doesn't.

and he didn't really sound like he was joking. though he probably will defend that, now i've said it.

and you missed the point that no automotive A/C system can match the air speed of any supercharging be it blower or turbo. in concept it's retarded. that's all i was saying.

besides, kinda wanted to weed out the douches that don't understand any of it. and i'll know who they are because they'll be like "LOL FAG GO DRIVE YOUR MUMS COROLLA LOL". Which I will do. because it takes abuse well.

Edited by Dorigecko

OK, the thing that gets me is why people ask technical questions in the WA sub-forum when there are several relevant areas for technical questions in the main forum that will actually yield a technical answer.

exactly the same. but, supercharger is a very efficient source of power in relation to mechanical power loss (or through drag with turbo). the little amount of grunt you drop from spinning the charger is made up with the increased pressure and air density. resulting in a shitload of awesome. net gain makes things viable. pointlessness doesn't.

From wiki.

The thermal efficiency, or fraction of the fuel/air energy that is converted to output power, is less with a mechanically-driven supercharger than with a turbocharger, because turbochargers are using energy from the exhaust gases that would normally be wasted. For this reason, both the economy and the power of a turbocharged engine are usually better than with superchargers.

Im building mine so the a/c blows cold air into a sealed box . True cold air intake then :) got a engineering company onto it now doing the plans n shit its gunna be killer

Interesting...true cold air for sure!

Just wondering though, when cruising around the streets you would have fan speed 1? Track use fan speed 2? Dyno comps fan speed HIGH?

What power increase at the treads would it make between fan speed low and high on the Dyno?

Does the extra HP do anything considering the extra weight of the ducting?

I have actually been reduced to quoting myself to get my own point across....

winston churchill time.

Edited by Dorigecko