SAU Community

Koya Drift Teks

BASHO

Your idea of what strength is required in a wheel is massive overkill based on ......well, nothing.

yeh, being able to go over a apex without breaking is massive overkill.

This is the same reason why you got flamed in the Rota thread....evidently you're a slow learner and/or supremely ignorant to be posting the same garbage in yet another wheel thread again.

haha flamed? where?

all i saw was a few people trying to defend a wheel they bought.

but we did have a good laugh about it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha flamed? where?

but we did have a good laugh about it.

Quote by Gibson_R35

"Nisskid, you made your opinions very clear in the last thread. Please do not come and continue your posts here, Duncan is posting information for those of us who actually are interested in the merits of his trials not on someones speculation on strengths of materials etc.

If you would like to go out and buy a set of Rotas and destroy them in the name of strength testing then please do that and come back and post your results, however we are very much versed on your dislike of the ROTAS. Point made...now back to the actual testing."

Nice try...........delusional misrepresentation at it's purest. You'd certainly fail in spades as a litigation lawyer or any profession that involves any form of logical argument based on fact.

Are you sure they weren't actually laughing AT you, not with you??

well you wouldn't buy your mrs cheap jewellry would you?

Given the prices of second hand JDM wheels at parts places etc, I honestly don't see the point in buying new el cheapo rims that are guaranteed to be fitted on 426246226 worse looking cars.

;) Absolutely agree--now if I could only find a set of decent JDM second handys at a decent price that had the right offset and rim/wheel size I'd be in faster than a rabbit gets fraked , however I've been looking for about 3 weeks and all I have seen is a pile of missbegotten best not mentioned bizarre offset old rubbish that I wouldn't put on a billy cart , or a very few sets of of nice like a set of near new Rays GTCs @around $3200.00 askin on fleabay still bizarre offset though.

Quite frankly thats just too much money for a set of street wheels good as they indisputably are , for me at least.

I'm looking for a 17" x 7.5" (or 8") 5x114.3 (or is it 113.4 ? whatever) +40 offse t-- 9kg maximum weight, thats a nice looking wheel, goes with a grey colour R34GTT, that I don't have to wait three months (years) to get and doesn't cost more than $300.00 a corner.

And I'd like to buy before I die.

:D

Quote by Gibson_R35

"Nisskid, you made your opinions very clear in the last thread. Please do not come and continue your posts here, Duncan is posting information for those of us who actually are interested in the merits of his trials not on someones speculation on strengths of materials etc.

If you would like to go out and buy a set of Rotas and destroy them in the name of strength testing then please do that and come back and post your results, however we are very much versed on your dislike of the ROTAS. Point made...now back to the actual testing."

Nice try...........delusional misrepresentation at it's purest. You'd certainly fail in spades as a litigation lawyer or any profession that involves any form of logical argument based on fact.

Are you sure they weren't actually laughing AT you, not with you??

sorry how was that flaming?

i went into the snake pit of the R35 section where they are all mates, so naturally they are going to stick up for each other and look down at the peasant that owns a R32, the fact that i got some support in there is actually quite amazing.

Ha, popcorn pic is a winner!

Nisskid, in the interests of other forum members if you want to keep going may I suggest we move this to pm as neither you or I are adding much of value to this thread.

:) No -No-please keep going --it's fun to read.

alr33xPosted Today, 01:00 PM where are you looking for second hand jap rims?

i got mine from aaron @ import monster worth giving a call, has heaps instock and is on this forumor j-imports..

:) Thanks for that I'll give them a try I've been fleabaying and individual manufacturer webbing.

Edited by BASHO

i paid 1700 for my drift teks from tyrepower and that was with rubber!! i have no problem with mine so far just dont park close to the gutters..

Thanks for that, I can get 17 x 8 fitted and balanced useing my rubber for $1040.00/1060.00 and I'd go with them if I could find out the weight, but one guy at KOYA has told me they're 8-9kgs and another 11kgs so I aint got a clue what they realy are + I have yet to see a silver one so aint got a clue whether its a bright silver which probably won't look OK or a mercury silver/grey which would look fine.

where are you looking for second hand jap rims?

i got mine from aaron @ import monster worth giving a call, has heaps instock and is on this forum

or j-imports..

if u dont mind waiting a bit to get exactly what u want, then use streeter, he is the cheapest broker around, he can use EMS (around a week) or shipping which is around a month i think. then u get to choose from anything on the jap auctions and get it for nothing.

id take the very low risk that my 2nd hand wheels have been bent really bad before and repaired, and aren't very strong

The thing is, your second (or third, or fourth, you'd never really know) wheels might have been on cars like yours, that get bounced off ripple strips or otherwise given a hard life. Even if they've never been bent that kind of stress is going to fatigue the metal, and you don't know how strong its going to be when you get it.

well you wouldn't buy your mrs cheap jewellry would you?

I wouldn't buy her worn jewelry either, with scratches and chips and f**k knows what biomatter stuck to it.

Are you serious? READ the post AGAIN. You must be smoking some heavy shit there my friend.......

Dude, that's not flaming. That's not even a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel.

On topic, just get the Drifteks unless you're chasing fastest possible times or you're planning on tracking the car on a regular basis.

They're strong enough to cope with the rigours of the public road at sane speeds. They won't look as ratty and need repair/resprays as used wheels inevitably do, and I reckon they look good. They're not as ugly as some random "no name" wheels out there.

The thing is, your second (or third, or fourth, you'd never really know) wheels might have been on cars like yours, that get bounced off ripple strips or otherwise given a hard life. Even if they've never been bent that kind of stress is going to fatigue the metal, and you don't know how strong its going to be when you get it.

ur right, but thankfully majority of people arent like me, and the risk of me getting wheels that have been given a hard life like mine are low.

maybe i've been lucky, but all my wheels have been quality 2nd hand wheels, and all of them have put up with a lot of abuse without fail, and i honestly cant think of one person i know who puts their wheels through more abuse. yet i see people with cheap wheels failing under much less stress.

the problem i find is, people dont want to be told what they have bought is cheap low quality gear, even when they ask, ok it might be fine for ur application, but you have to accept that what you have is relatively low quality, and the key word is relative, compared to other wheels on the market. the fact that you can buy a wheel that is forged in a plant that has been practicing wheel manufacturing for decades and poured millions into R&D, and yours is a wheel that is casted in a unnamed plant in china/taiwan etc etc that's main focus is low cost production, means that in the scheme of things, your wheel is low quality, and that's a fact how ever u look at it.

Let me add that if it's for street use drifteks will do you fine. I've had quality volk rims buckle crack and bend only when hitting a curb though at 50kmh and I've had cheap shit bjt rims on my mums corolla which have lasted 6 years without dramas

Just get the stupid drifteks and end this thread. They are roughly 10kgs not 11

GogogoLet me add that if it's for street use drifteks will do you fine. I've had quality volk rims buckle crack and bend only when hitting a curb though at 50kmh and I've had cheap shit bjt rims on my mums corolla which have lasted 6 years without dramas

I'm finding this thread informative, we now have a 3kg weight variance in a maybe 11 or is it 8 kg wheel or perhaps now it's 10--or 9 ?

In all fairness even Koya doesn't seem to know and maybe this goes to the fact that perhaps we should all start asking more questions of our aftermarket suppliers--and demanding answers before we plonk down our cash.

I would resectfully suggest if you are pissed of by this thread unsubscribe from it an be troubled no more.

:)