SAU Community

Audio Problem - Any Idea?

rs73

Hi,,,

My left front speaker has been dead and on intermitently, but most of the time went dead.

I opened the door trim today and checked the cables to the speakers they all are connected well to the X-over and the bass/midrange and treble speakers (This is split 6").

Both my front speakers are powered by amplifier. I checked the amps and the output terminals are all connected, no loose cables.

I set my head unit to put out sound to the left-front speaker only.

- The front left speaker does not produce sound (Yes, it's dead)

- If I switch the amplifier input from left to right n vice versa, the

front left speaker is still dead. This means the L-R line out

at the back of my head unit is connected properly, right?

So based on that analysis, would that be my amp that is not working, or the problem lies on my front left speaker?

I haven't tried my amp, but I was thinking to switch the output

terminal from left to right n vice versa like the input and see

if the problem is with the amplifier itself...

Any ideas guys/gals?

Thanks...

Guest Crazyfcuk

try disconecting the cables to the speaker and trying them on another terminal of ur amp, that way ull be able to find out if its you speakers or amp thats fried, ive had both problems occur to me so check it that way and ull find out

thx guys...

I'm preety sure it's a bad contact somewhere between amp and front left speakers..... today on my way back over interstate highway, my F-L speaker went alive again... and hasn't beeen dead since... it went dead momentarily in Toorak rd over the bumpy tram track but as I arrived home, it's on again....

I've booked my audio installer to reinspect it again, they did the installation and they agree to have a look and find where the speaker contact became loose...