SAU Community

Loose plug near ignition - any idea what it was/is for?

Hey guys. Im replacing my clock spring in my manual R34 GTT as well as rewiring the horn as the previous owner had wired the horn to a button on the dash, and saw this random 4 pin plug with only 2 wires coming out of it just hanging loose (the one in my hand). Was wondering if anyone has any idea what it was/is for? It seems the electrical tape had been cut to move it downward at some point, as it originally would have gone up to the top with the brown plugs for the indicator and wiper stalks. I cannot find ANYTHING it would plug into around it, as it doesnt have much wire to reach too far. Just trying to make sure it isnt something thats supposed to be plugged in, or could be something that is for the auto model of this car and i don’t need it? 

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2780.thumb.jpeg.2b88e1792cf0ed7a541aa994ddd0991a.jpeg

Was probably for some alarm component that was mounted near the barrel. An RFID/prox sensor or other switch. Possibly even just an LED. It does not look much like a typical Nissan underdash/loom plug.

26 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Was probably for some alarm component that was mounted near the barrel. An RFID/prox sensor or other switch. Possibly even just an LED. It does not look much like a typical Nissan underdash/loom plug.

Nah this has got to be nissan wiring from factory. And the plug type is identical to the plug used on the steering angle sensor for the HICAS

image.jpg

IMG_2782.jpeg

3 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Well then. Break out the wiring diagram and look for those wire colours on a 2pin something or other near the other dashy stuff.

Ah man i got no idea how to read those haha theyre so confusing