SAU Community

What Part Of My Loom Is This?

beRwick_GTRage

i just put an rb25neo from a stagea into my r32 gts-4. i cant get it started and i think this might be my problem:

i have this part of the loom which isnt connected to anything atm. i dont know where it goes? and what its for:

dscn1371f.th.jpg

there are two plugs on the this loom which plug into the main loom under the intake manifold:

dscn1369yw.th.jpg dscn1372if.th.jpg

and here are close up pics of the other plugs/parts of the loom

dscn1373h.th.jpg

dscn1374q.th.jpg

dscn1376.th.jpg

thanks

Mate, the "big round thing", 2nd pic from the bottom is definitely an inhibitor (park/neutral) switch from an auto trans. Dare say the "long skinny thing", next to it in same pic is a A/T temp or revolution sensor (educated guess)

If you are having problems starting the car, good chance it will be because of that. What ECU are you running? Stagea was obviously auto & the inhibitor switch is used to tell the ECU what range is selected (P,R,N,D,1, etc) Will only allow car to start in P or N. Therefore without this hooked up, wont start...

By their position (near the inhibitor switch), I think its safe to say the plug & wires in the bottom pic are also auto trans related.

As for other two, really have no idea where they would hook up, but going by the trend emerging I would guess they are something to do with an auto trans as well...

Hope it helps

Mate, the "big round thing", 2nd pic from the bottom is definitely an inhibitor (park/neutral) switch from an auto trans. Dare say the "long skinny thing", next to it in same pic is a A/T temp or revolution sensor (educated guess)

If you are having problems starting the car, good chance it will be because of that. What ECU are you running? Stagea was obviously auto & the inhibitor switch is used to tell the ECU what range is selected (P,R,N,D,1, etc) Will only allow car to start in P or N. Therefore without this hooked up, wont start...

By their position (near the inhibitor switch), I think its safe to say the plug & wires in the bottom pic are also auto trans related.

As for other two, really have no idea where they would hook up, but going by the trend emerging I would guess they are something to do with an auto trans as well...

Hope it helps

hey thanks for the reply

what does the inhibitor switch do? because on the circuit diagram it only shows that it stops the starter motor from cranking.

does it stop the engine from working any other way? because im getting spark, fuel and power to the starter.

hey thanks for the reply

what does the inhibitor switch do? because on the circuit diagram it only shows that it stops the starter motor from cranking.

does it stop the engine from working any other way? because im getting spark, fuel and power to the starter.

Thats all it does. Stops starter motor from cranking unless it is aligned properly to tell the ECU that the auto trans is in either park or neutral.

Take it when you turn the key its dead? No starter crank at all?

If so, only thing I could suggest is plug the loom in (if you havent already), have rear wheels off ground, car on stands, etc... (If manual, in neutral will be fine)

Hold the key in the start position & rotate the selector in the middle of the inhibitor switch.

If you manage to get it into the right position & make the ECU think the car is in P or N it may start...

Is your car now manual? If so & you can get it to start by doing as suggested above, you may be able to freeze it in this position (super glue, etc)

to allow temporary starting of car. Let me know how you go