SAU Community

Can Someone Answer A Few Questions?

PeowPeow

I'm new to the whole decent car world and know next to nothing about cars, I'm looking to buy a R34 GT-T that I've seen though and just want to know a bit first.

Does anyone know what the actual whole P-platers can't drive turbo thing is? I've heard a few things like if the turbo is factory it's ok, if you own it before the new year you are allowed and a few other things.

Also is the turbo factory? Might be irrelivent depending on the actual answer to the first question but still wouldn't mind knowing either way.

And lastly, what is peoples opinions on getting a car that was imported at 70,000km's and now done ~85,000?

Cheers for any help anyone gives.

r34 gt-t is factory turbo

the p-plate restriction law hasn't come in yet

the law restricts you from driving 99% of turbo and v8 cars including skylines

if you own it before the law comes in you will be able to keep it

imported at 70,000 is fairly low... 85,000 is still fairly low so yes. do it.

hope this helped :P

Wicked shit, cheers man.

Running it past my cousin, he has an absolutely nuts skyline he has done up himself so figured if anyone I know would be able to give me an opinion from their own person experience and know what it would be like it would be him.

Just gotta fly out to Melbourne to have a sus of it and if it looks all good I'll be driving it back :P

the "done up nuts" skyline is his cousins, no the one hes going to look at.

But as Steve said, it will require an ID check in SA, and if it has any blatant defects it will be sent through vehicle inspection, so make sure its neat and tidy, no leaks, not too low, not too loud, and you should be fine.

elaborate on this nutz skyline :down: does it just have a few simple mods like these

post-31501-1258499514.jpg

post-31501-1258499522_thumb.jpg

or has he recieved an australian version of this letter :)

post-31501-1258499555_thumb.jpg

u did try n find 1 already in adelaide right? saves some hassles if you can get 1 here already.

Edited by Inline 6

is it if you own the car or if your P's are issued after this date? ie you are exempt because it was not a condition of your p's at the time.

I got out of having to do the "log book" way back when because my l's were obtained before the law came in - so i did just one prac test, passed by 2% and drove the next hour to a mates...

Better call Transport SA to make sure, but get in quick none the less or you will have to buy a civic with vtech YO!

have you called up about insurance yet? something you should be doing first before your buy the car n be horrified at the figure they give you :thumbsup:

and good old stamp duty always catches em offgaurd

Edited by Inline 6

And lastly, what is peoples opinions on getting a car that was imported at 70,000km's and now done ~85,000?

Don't even worry about what the kms says, the digital ones are even esier to dodge up than analogue odometers. If things like steering wheel, gear knob, pedals and carpet are excessively worn it's probably done a few kays. Alternatively if they are in excessively good condish I'd be wary also as crafty dealers can change the 'high useage' items like those to make the car look like it hasn't been used much.

or has he recieved an australian version of this letter :D

post-31501-1258499555_thumb.jpg

The letter is from 'A. Wang' surely thats gotta be bullshit :thumbsup:

Edited by AndrewJZX100