SAU Community

Dynamats

bnr034

Door Pack is sh*t..really!

Buy the Bulk pack.I did..glad I did.

I think it's actually called the Trunk Pack or something like that.

But yeh, bout half the pack on each side should get the doors nice and stiff to absorb the bass and will give you clean notes.

I don even need a Sub anymore. Got 6x9's in the back aswell!

Hey Chris

So just a Trunk kit is enough to do inner n outer?

or do i need Dynaliner as well??

is it worth investin in some dynaxorbs??

cheers guys for the help

hopefully i can get all these done before christmas XD

the skyline doors really sound sooooo much better with lots of sound deadener. like a new car when you close it.

my GTT has innner, outter, and sound mats behind the speakers. and the door panels now have foam filled handles and other sound deadener to stop the squeak between the lower and upper parts when your hip leans on them... annoying !!! plus my door pockets are going to be gone this week and filled up with another pair of splits...

the little packs that dynomat give you isnt nearly enough to do a small door properly, as chris suggested above.

there are a multitude of products that do the job, some better some worse..some you find at Bunnings for next to nothing hint hint

and for all those people who think its too heavy for a street car,clean out your macca's wrappers.... I'd rather my car sound solid built then a rattle can . you can only drive so fast on the roads anyhow? if I wanted a race car I wouldnt put a radio in it...end rant ...lol

personal preference my friend. i usually put some on the inner skin, then line behind the speaker with plain chant, then seal the door up totally, then put a sheet of dynaliner across the whole exoskeleton of the door. www.dynamat.com has some good tutorials on it.

dont overlook some of these videos

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/installation-instructions.php

Dynomat isnt the only company who does this

Stinger is another good one

my car doors are damn near sealed , my two sets of split speakers dont even fire into the door chamber they have separate chambers sealed with carbon fibre and fiber glass molds and custom horns for the tweeters molding into the door panel shell. the sound deadener is for the rattles and to keep the SPL inside the car

(photos will be posted up on Audiocontrols website soon for all to see the build up)

• 2 weeks later...
keen to see some horns in a car! don't see too many horns being used in australian car audio.

they do seem 2 be more populay in the US than Aus, proably cause they are more dificult to install

I've never installed them bet have listened to a few that just sound majic. ( & some that sound poo)

as always the more effert put in the greater the reward

Horn in the door ..... NEVER seen that.. wish I lived in hoonsville 2 have a listen

Edited by BundyBear

they do seem 2 be more populay in the US than Aus, proably cause they are more dificult to install

I've never installed them bet have listened to a few that just sound majic. ( & some that sound poo)

as always the more effert put in the greater the reward

Horn in the door ..... NEVER seen that.. wish I lived in hoonsville 2 have a listen

Horns cost a fortune for "image Dynamics" or similar, and take a proper designed system to make them sound good, plus a lot more space to mount

there not store brand horns,,,, there very custom hand made ones and yes designed properly up too the point I could , using the space and car audio speakers instead of Pro Audio sound gear for concerts...lol

once the system is tuned I can post the RTA curve if anyone wants or ?

Horns cost a fortune for "image Dynamics" or similar, and take a proper designed system to make them sound good, plus a lot more space to mount

there not store brand horns,,,, there very custom hand made ones and yes designed properly up too the point I could , using the space and car audio speakers instead of Pro Audio sound gear for concerts...lol

once the system is tuned I can post the RTA curve if anyone wants or ?

yea 4got bout the $$$, seem to remember reading a Mag article years ago( b4 the intaweb thingy) about a system with hand made horns (posibley one or the Ausie car audio mags)

damd things always fasin8td me but could never convince anyone 2 let me try'm in their car ( can't blame em really)

P.S. ya probably guest but yep im an X Backyarder, by X I mean I only do MY cars these days ( I like 2 play by my one rules sometimes)

cheers