SAU Community

Band Expanders

B-Man

My Car came with a Nakamishi CR/Tuner (Single DIN) and Nakamishi (Single DIN) Mini Disc player.

From what I understand Nakamishi is a pretty good brand of stereo - Well in Hi Fi anyway - I didn't know they made Car Audio stuff.

So my question is - How good do these band expanders work ?? Is it worth while doing to this unit ?? As I have a fairly new Sony Head Unit that I was going to put in (cause I didn't expect to get a good stereo with the car).

If I take the Nakamishi out, not sure if the Mini Disc will still work with the new Sony.

Also, I have 2 Amps (One for Main Speakers x 4 ) and one for Sub - Don't know if these will work with Nakamish or not as I'm not sure if the Desk has 2 x RCA outs. (I know my Sony does)

Anyhoo - Help is appreciated.

There are more than one brand of band expander out there, and some work better than others - so make sure you don't buy a crap one if you are going to get one...

At a cost of around $30 to $50, it is a small price to pay even if you only use the Nakamichi head unit for a few weeks and then decide to go with the Sony or whatever...

Guest mooks66

hey brendan.

if you dont wannt the naka anymore, PM me i'll come pick it up off ya right away dude. k?

as for band expanders... weve got em at work and theyre a sinch to put in..

havent got my car yet, but yeh, i'll let you know how it goes. i'll be putting one in.

they cost around $40 bucks

cheaper if you work there of course hehehe

Mooks,

I'm gonna get a Band Expanda for the Naka - I'll see how it goes - If it doesn't work with my existing kit (Kicker Amps, etc) Then I'll be looking for a home for it.

I'll post how I go with it all.

Thanks all !