SAU Community

What Wide Band 02 For Power Fc?

hi im wanting to install a wide band o2 sensor for my rb25det and want to know which one is the easyest to install using a power fc? i have seen the LC-1 by innovative motor sports but not sure if its the best choice/ has anyone installed a wide band on there power fc and if so what was required and any pics would be great. did the o2 end up directly giving feed back to the power fc or was the standard narrow band left in as well? just not sure if this can be done so it repaces the factory 02 or if its something else i have to have to monitor while driving, i already have an air/fuel guage watching the current air fuel but if the wide band cannot be installed to replace the standard 02 should i hook the wide band output to the air/fuel guage to watch the more accurate sensor? thanks fo any help.

yeah if your wideband controller will simulate a narrow band output yes you can. doesn't really make it 'more accurate' as it's still just outputting a narrow band range for the closed loop running.

if it supports narrowband output you can put the signal into the powerfc, its not going to be any more accurate than a new narrow band sensor though as the powerfc does not support wideband O2 sensors.

as a side note, the guages you can buy that tell you what your factory narrow band sensor is outputting are a waste of money and space. any good wideband will have gauge options that you can buy for them that actually tell you something useful and accurate.

oh and another question, would I still require a separate display or can the PFC commander display the AFR somehow?

or alternatievly would I need to run a PDA or laptop with freeware PFC interface software to see live AFRs....?

oh and another question, would I still require a separate display or can the PFC commander display the AFR somehow?

or alternatievly would I need to run a PDA or laptop with freeware PFC interface software to see live AFRs....?

Nope, as said the PFC doesnt not support Wide Band AFR

You will need a wideband gauge, which usually come with the wideband kit,

I now am tired of typing wideband

AEM i think it is is a wide band kit that i have been looking at getting. I think they are around $250-270 mark?

Its a bit of coin but if you dont trust ya afr's you have or from a recent tune then a good thing for peice fo mind.

I feel the more guages and crap ya have in ya car the more paranoid ya become about everything ya car is saying to you.

AEM i think it is is a wide band kit that i have been looking at getting. I think they are around $250-270 mark?

Its a bit of coin but if you dont trust ya afr's you have or from a recent tune then a good thing for peice fo mind.

I feel the more guages and crap ya have in ya car the more paranoid ya become about everything ya car is saying to you.

Hahhah I spent more time looking at the oil pressure gauge in the Skyline than I did the road lol

well good to see all the feed back. dont realy think i need one now as you only use you narrow or wide band to tune when off throttle (closed loop) when wide open throttle the fc refers back to the tune map, so cant see the point of installing one, and since they tune my care with a wide band sensor as im sure your all aware (as i wasnt), its really no point, correct me if im wrong which i guess i may be as this is just what my tuner has said. i was under the impression the powerfc was always monitoring the narrow band 02 even on full throttle and as a narrow band will only show rich or lean, not how rich or how lean that it may aid my performance on full throttle by installing a wie band 02 sensor giving more accurate a/f ratio to the power fc.

Hello, I just purchased a Techedge 2J wideband, FC Haku, EGT temp thermocouple and a amplifier to bring the output up to 0-5v.

That way I should be able to put both the wide band and temp outputs into the FC HAKU extra inputs and log every thing that happends for a grand total of about $600.00 . I'll update you when it all arrives and I get it working properly.

regards

Chris

• 8 months later...

thread revival, I have PFC and running with o2 sensors switched off as they are outputting weird values (crap)

I have aem uego wideband kit capable to supplying 0-5v narrowband signal which I was thinking of hooking up as input into PFC

will I need to splice the input into PFC due to running factory twin o2 sensor