SAU Community

R32 Gtr Oil Smoke

RUSSMUSS

hey everyone,

the car is blowing white smoke on heavy decel and if im just crusing around with out coming on too boost

and change gears it gets a very small puff of white smoke, i had a comp test on the w/e before we dynoed it

with interesting results

1. 165

2. 175

3. 180

4. 175

5. 175

6. 180

when we removed the plugs there was no sign of oil(or burning oil) on any plugs they were very clean and even burning

my tuner seems to think it s turbos??

is it possible to be valve stem seals??

it doesnt blow any smoke on start up or if its been sitting

i tried searching for the results but nothing that helped me out

russell

Edited by RUSSMUSS

Possibly stem seals...... After a decent drive try pulling over and leaving car to idle for a couple minutes. Then while watching in the rear view give it a swift rev up to say 3000 rpm and off. Will it give a puff of white smoke on revs declining ?

hey everyone,

the car is blowing white smoke on heavy decel and if im just crusing around with out coming on too boost

and change gears it gets a very small puff of white smoke, i had a comp test on the w/e before we dynoed it

with interesting results

1. 165

2. 175

3. 180

4. 175

5. 175

6. 180

when we removed the plugs there was no sign of oil(or burning oil) on any plugs they were very clean and even burning

my tuner seems to think it s turbos??

is it possible to be valve stem seals??

it doesnt blow any smoke on start up or if its been sitting

i tried searching for the results but nothing that helped me out

russell

How old or new are your turbos?

Id say its the turbo seals are gone man

why dont u plumb up a catch can with a filter.. so it doesnt recirculate back into the intake? that could be dropping oil into intake at higher revs

its going to be the rear seal on one of the turbos. oil is passing the seal when there is no back pressure in the rear oulsing. oil pressure is overcoming the pressure in the housing and then a bit of oil passes the seal and smokes in the hot turbine housing.

I had this happen with the last turbo I bought. I rebuilt it myself and no more smoke

cheers!