SAU Community

Exhaust manifolds??

kngp2104

Ring the guys at Unique Autosports (www.nismo.com.au) - They can do a factory replacement in a tubular unit for quite a reasonable price. Or e-mail to [email protected]

I know you are in the UK, but I think you will be surprised with the price and shipping shouldn't be too much.

I have just put one on my car and it works well !

rb25stainlessman-s.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply, I will give tham a shout.

Cheers

Ring the guys at Unique Autosports (www.nismo.com.au) - They can do a factory replacement in a tubular unit for quite a reasonable price. Or e-mail to [email protected]

I know you are in the UK, but I think you will be surprised with the price and shipping shouldn't be too much.

I have just put one on my car and it works well !  

rb25stainlessman-s.jpg

Buy a Jap one. The japanese have spent huge amounts of time and massive amounts of $$$ to get their manifolds working right. there is a difference - as I found out the hard way. Very expensive when you may end up having to change to a different manifold, because the one you bought isnt doing the job it is supposted to.

I have already posted a thread detailing my problems, might be worth doing a search.

Steve, are there Jap ones that replace standard manifold ?It standard turbo position, dump, exhaust housing, etc - ie a bolt on replacement ?

Which one is this and do you know a price ?

Im making 290rwkw with the stocky. Dont really think its too restrictive.

Money might be better spent elsewhere...

But u would probably make more power with a better power curve, less boost and better repsonse with a proper one.

I saw my stock one this week when my new manifold went on, and it cast and vey restrictive flowing!

I wouldnt waste time pulling it off and trying to modify it.

I had my std one extrusion honed to see if it owuld make nay difference (cause I could) - but then got the one above - So I have a std manifold that has been die ground ported and extrusion honed here... doing nuthing !

Its pretty funny (no offence raist60) when people say I can get xxx kw from this particual part.

Thats the beauty of boost, enough will overcome alot of restriction. Just remeber VL commodores have been running 9s for a long long time - I had a discussion with a guy who owned one, thought the best way to make more power was fully port the head, bigger turbo and up the boost, then was disgusted when he had a very narrow powerband.

Same guy scoffed at the idea of bolting an RB25 head on - there is no doubting alot of power can be made with stock parts, just doesnt mean its the most efficient or 'best' way of doing things.

Just horses for courses I guess.