SAU Community

2008/9 Model Porsche Carrera S Drag Against 350z

Mr_GaZZa

Hey Guys,

I've recently just raced this guy in his stock 2008/9 Porsche Carrera S.... he told me it was a 3.8 flat six

and 'auto'.

But yeah I was just wondering how i ended up beating this guy over this 400m /ish track from standstill??

By time i got to the end and was braking, i was roughly about 2-3car lengths infront... I mean he was giving his Porsche a good

going, i head it behind me.. and it chirping as it changed gears from 1-2 and even 3rd?!

'also note.. this was all done in a controlled enviro too,'

p.s admin if this needs to be moved/removed please do 'so sorry in advance'

Edited by Mr_GaZZa

Clearly granny shifting and not double clutching like he should........

Ahhh double clutching, incredibly important, especially with todays synchro gear boxes. And you just can not stress enough how important it is to double clutch in an auto or tip-tronic car, absolutely vital.

Lol, i love fast and furious dramatism

Clearly granny shifting and not double clutching like he should........

HAHAHA! Beat me to it ;) Probably blew the welds on his intake manifold?

Carerra S would win hands down on this one. Problem is, guy either doesn't know how to drive it or is affraid to drive it to it's full potential.

There is one other thing to take into account here guys....

what was the road surface like? if rough with stiff springs then he would not get great traction and not use the power...

was the road slightly wet? near oil at all?

tyres any good?

there is too much to say who and why someone would win... i have beaten supercharged big blocks to peoples surprose purely down to traction issues with too much power for the road we were on...