SAU Community

Power Window Motor & Statutory Warranty

MSKYO

Hi all,

Have done a search but couldn't find the answer. Has anyone had their power window motor replaced under statutory warranty. My driver's side is starting to play up and as I have only had the car 1.5 months I'm hoping that it can be replaced under the dealer's statutory warranty, or will this be considered wear and tear?

Thanks

just ask them and don't mention fair wear and tear... make it out that the window is failing and you would like something done about it

you could mention that ... you have heard it is a fairly common fault.

might be lucky.

It definately should be covered. I had my fuel door solenoid replaced under the 3 month warranty. He tried me out before he realised that I knew about the statutory warranty so don't relent - you are entitled to have it replaced. Mine cost me $400 for the motor and make sure you get someone who knows what he's doing as there are a few tricks to preparing the new motor before it can be put in. Good luck

Thanks for the replies guys. Will be following up with the dealer shortly. They were pretty good to deal with when buying the car and rectifying a few things after a pre purchase inspection so hopefully there will be no hassles with this.

The 3 month 'Statutory Warranty' is, by law, given on all second hand vehicles bought at a dealership, whether they tell you or not. Of course, if you buy an aftermarket warranty then the statutory one is irrelevant, but its a safety net should you have issues within the first 3 months, FYI.

My point is, you will be able to get the power window issue fixed no worries, the dealership has to comply, so take no shit. If they decide that they won't fix it for whatever reason, then tell them you will lodge a case with the Dept. of Fair Trading, that should get them moving, haha.

Also, when it goes in to get fixed, every day they have it sitting in their workshop is not counted against the 3 months stat warranty. For example, if you had one week left of the stat warranty, and the dealership has your car for two weeks, then you will still have a week of warranty left. This happened to me, I had a car with a problem within the 3 months, took it to dealership where they spent 6 or so months trying to fix issue, and none of that time counted, so I still had a month warranty after all that.