SAU Community

Roof Plastic Seal

RCCC

Hi guys, just took delivery 2 weeks ago, a white one. I have noticed that the plastic seal beteen the roof and the panel above the driver's side window isn't fitting 100%.

I took it back to the dealer and noticed that the other car in the show room has the same problem.

Do any of you have the same problem?

Cheers

dunno if this is of any help (probably just confuses matters) but after i had my windscreen replaced. that panel was then out of alignment (sticking up a bit) - apparently that panel has to come out to change the screen. I just put it down to them not re-installing it properly. or perhaps they bent it a bit when pulling it all apart. I can take a pic if that helps?

Edited by LSX-438

dunno if this is of any help (probably just confuses matters) but after i had my windscreen replaced. that panel was then out of alignment (sticking up a bit) - apparently that panel has to come out to change the screen. I just put it down to them not re-installing it properly. or perhaps they bent it a bit when pulling it all apart. I can take a pic if that helps?

Please do, I took the car to Nissan HPC and the guy there said they will sort it at the first optimisation, I certainly hope so.

Hi guys, just took delivery 2 weeks ago, a white one. I have noticed that the plastic seal beteen the roof and the panel above the driver's side window isn't fitting 100%.

I took it back to the dealer and noticed that the other car in the show room has the same problem.

Do any of you have the same problem?

Cheers

It sounds like a similar problem to what i had, the drivers side strip, bw roof and window seem to be popping in and out, I took it to nissan, they were really good about it.

Apparently the strip needed to be replaced. Also they told me that the panel above the window, isnt fitting right,needs new clips.

They have replaced the strip (they had a gunmetal strip sourced from melboure), i am happy with the fitting.

Still waiting for the clips to arrive, who knows when their coming, not so much an issue.

Waiting for clips to come from Japan, its been almost a month so far.

I hope this helps,

Is this a marketing term for first service?

No it's not a service. I think it's a checkup at 2000km. I dont think they replace any fluids; they just check the wheel alignment and perhaps gearbox clutch settings. And generally make sure it hasnt fallen apart.

It sounds like a similar problem to what i had, the drivers side strip, bw roof and window seem to be popping in and out, I took it to nissan, they were really good about it.

Apparently the strip needed to be replaced. Also they told me that the panel above the window, isnt fitting right,needs new clips.

They have replaced the strip (they had a gunmetal strip sourced from melboure), i am happy with the fitting.

Still waiting for the clips to arrive, who knows when their coming, not so much an issue.

Waiting for clips to come from Japan, its been almost a month so far.

I hope this helps,

Thanks GUNR35, one other issue with the car is that the bumper color and body color don't seem to match 100% especially on white cars? The dealer said the factory used the same paint on the plastic and metal, but it looks like they put the 2009 bumpers on the 2010 cars. Any thoughts?

Thanks GUNR35, one other issue with the car is that the bumper color and body color don't seem to match 100% especially on white cars? The dealer said the factory used the same paint on the plastic and metal, but it looks like they put the 2009 bumpers on the 2010 cars. Any thoughts?

Thats a curly one, the white we received was the update colour for the my2010 model (released in 09, just to confuse everyone) as far as im aware, along with that we got the modified launch and a few extra hp. This colour has sl more creme in it, its more like a pearl white as far as im aware.

I cant see why the bumpers should be a different colour, this has been the same since the release in april 09 for aust

the new update i think is avail in japan from 7th dec, im not sure we have got the update yet, i thought it was coming to oz next year.

your dealer should rectify all, if they dont they answer to nissan aust. My experience with the dealers is that they generally comply pretty closely with nissan oz recommendations so warranty normally pretty good.

• 1 month later...

Regarding the roof panel sticking up a bit... well we had to take it off the other day to replace a cracked windscreen (again) and here is the reason it is sticking up a bit........

broken_clip.jpg

It looks like the guys replacing the windscreen the first time (windscreens obrien) broke it (i remember noticing the panel was sticking up immediately after they did the job, or a day or two after anyway). Moral of the story, if you get your windscreen replaced... check the people doing the job do not break these clips.

Regarding the roof panel sticking up a bit... well we had to take it off the other day to replace a cracked windscreen (again) and here is the reason it is sticking up a bit........

broken_clip.jpg

It looks like the guys replacing the windscreen the first time (windscreens obrien) broke it (i remember noticing the panel was sticking up immediately after they did the job, or a day or two after anyway). Moral of the story, if you get your windscreen replaced... check the people doing the job do not break these clips.

Is there a way of removing the panel without breaking the clips?

Yes (the other side is ok) you just need to be gentle and patient with what you're doing, use the correct tools, and know where the clips are.

Do you think the guys at Nissan HPCs know what they are doing with this panel? Or should I ask the O'brien guys to fix it?

Do you think the guys at Nissan HPCs know what they are doing with this panel? Or should I ask the O'brien guys to fix it?

No idea really but i would say the Nissan guys would know more than the windscreen blokes. How many 35 windscreens have been replaced in Australia to date? Probably less than half a dozen (and two of them have been mine, lol) If you need someone in Sydney to swap a screen over send me a PM, i know someone who has done a a number of r35 screens (did the justjap cars too) and he is mobile, and is a good guy.

Otherwise you could print out the photo above and show anyone at least i guess. Probably just helps a lot to know where the clips are.

Edited by LSX-438

No idea really but i would say the Nissan guys would know more than the windscreen blokes. How many 35 windscreens have been replaced in Australia to date? Probably less than half a dozen (and two of them have been mine, lol) If you need someone in Sydney to swap a screen over send me a PM, i know someone who has done a a number of r35 screens (did the justjap cars too) and he is mobile, and is a good guy.

Otherwise you could print out the photo above and show anyone at least i guess. Probably just helps a lot to know where the clips are.

I'll try the HPC first at optimisation, but thanks anyway. Might have to get back to you if Nissan can't sort it.

How did you damage you screens?

both times i got a stone chip (i think at the track) and i left it too long, the cracks just got bigger and bigger. R35 screens are expensive so if you get a crack, get one of those repair thingos straight away (so you dont need to replace the whole screen).

• 2 weeks later...

Guys

This doesn't exactly relate to your problem but my security panel that is on the roof started coming down and because the microphone for the car phone is in this section it made phone calls very hard as you had to shout to talk to someone. Nissan Moorooka booked the car in and spent 2 days taking the lining out and put more adhesive strips in the roof so it would never come undone again. Good service and a nice bunch of guys. They also replaced my leather seat as it was deteriorating .

Guys

This doesn't exactly relate to your problem but my security panel that is on the roof started coming down and because the microphone for the car phone is in this section it made phone calls very hard as you had to shout to talk to someone. Nissan Moorooka booked the car in and spent 2 days taking the lining out and put more adhesive strips in the roof so it would never come undone again. Good service and a nice bunch of guys. They also replaced my leather seat as it was deteriorating .

Where is the security panel? Can u take a photo?