SAU Community

Looking For A Better Isp

MUZT3K

• 2 weeks later...

been with internode for almost 4 years now never had a problem everything runs smooth i've moved house 3 times and had zero problems with that.

I'm about to jump upto the 200gb plan next month

Hmm probably gonna be looking at iinet after checking their pricing and combined deals internode is a fair bit more in comparison.

Any idea wtf is the go with internodes 'Extreme' ADSL2 and their 'Fast' ADSL2 run of different networks?

• 2 weeks later...

I personally recommend iinet to everyone. Iv been with them for over 2 years now and have never had an issue.

Smaller isps may offer better deals but they dont offer the kind of service thats required.

I was originally with iinet years ago and tried a couple different isps when i moved out, worst mistake i ever made. The worst of them being netspace,

had big line issues with them. We were on the phone with them every night, they sent out technicians etc etc....went on for about 2-3 months.

So the whole time we had no internet, and they had no idea how to fix the problem, and to top it off were told that we had to continue paying

the monthly fee and would not let us out of the contract. It was only when we threatened legal action for non compliance of contract services that they

offered us a discounted rate to get out of the contract... WORST ISP! We then connected up again with iinet, everything was up and running in 2 days,

never had another problem and never looked back. Even when i had iinet years ago, they were always very swift in sorting out any issues

i was with optus cable for over 8 years. i recently changed to tpg due to the price and double the speed i will get. fit been reliable for the last 3 months. however the start up we had some issues. but yeh heaps of optus cable customer change over to tpg. check out whirpool.net

It appears that iiNet have recently activated their ADSL2+ in my exchange, now I tempted to switch to them from my current TPG ADSL 1.

Only problem I have is that I have being using my TPG mail box for years & almost all of the important logins & registrations were done using that mail box, now if I switch I'll need to remember all of those & update my mail box to the iiNet one...