SAU Community

Speaker Sizes For R33 S2

sydking

Not sure, but when I was checking where is the battery. The top of the battery is pretty close to the speaker ( maybe the battery I have is too tall )

So be careful don't buy deep speaker otherwise it might touch .

^^^ What he said.

Mine did (more due to unsecured speaker) and it dead shorted the battery. I had just come to a stop on a 100km/h highway at a red light. In the Right lane... with no hazards.. no tail lights... no brake lights... at 10.30pm.. :) Very scary.

Edited by gotRICE?

yer i was looking for a set up that didn't need a sub, still want a decent amount of bass tho, just not sure if i really want a sub. whats the best way around the bass with out a sub?

get some good 6x9s in the rear, components in the front and a 4 channel amp.

Problem solved.

I'm not really keen on subs for skylines, plus i don't want the added weight.

ill be getting a new headunit and some 6x9s for my 33 soon too so get some pics once you've done it as im keen to see how it goes.

I have alpine type S all round 6.5" coaxial in the front and 6x9 in the back run off a 4 channel which sits hidden under the passenger seat ( i like my limited boot space). Had to cut bigger holes in the parcel shelf and mount them on spacers to clear the battery. Finished off the doors with dynamat and dynamat and dynaliner under the rear seats. Sounds awesome for entry level speakers, great well rounded sound when amped and no real need for a sub :rofl:

• 2 months later...