SAU Community

R33 S1 4door Wide Rear Guards

I guess this is a subject that pops up now and then with no real resolved ideas.

I have a S1 R33 gts-t 4door AUTO. It has the full m-spec body kit already.

NOW..... i am putting the FULL factory R33 GTR front end on it. I prefer the std look not the N1 etc.

All i want to do, is add the WIDE rear guards like the AUTECH 4door gtr version..... thats it....... no prawn trawler body kits etc ..... Just an identical wide rear guard.

I will mold the m-spec side skirts to fit front and rear..

Has anyone done this at all ????? (i think i read 1 guy did, was full custom, any pics mate ?) If i cannot buy replica guards that look EXACTLY like the autech, then i will get it custom done in metal.

Oh, and for those who bag people who do GTR stuff on there GTS-T's, the motor is a full house RB 2630DETT with twin GT-RS's running pump OR Methanol when racing, so im not pussy footing around.

However STILL using a worked AUTO. Oh and i will be putting on those awesome "GTS-R" badges east bear make !! ;)

Gary

GT-R%204%20door%20white%20front%20right.jpg

GT-R%204-door%20side%20front.gif

1_10_01_2005_12_48_EAST_BEAR_GTSR_BADGE.jpg

Yeah i have resigned to the fact that i will have to Rhys, which isnt a bad thing, as it means i will have quite a unique car.

Because for the 4dr gtr's, they only ever came in S2 spec.... notice the popped out rear taillights.... which i hate. So i will make a S1 4dr autech gts-r haha :(

Gary

Hey mate,

Just done a wide rear guards for a gtr on my gts-4 2door coupe atm...contact PSI Parts in Dandenong Melb, or www.psiparts.com.au

They are fibreglass guards for $299, if your after metal guards from a GTR unsure, guess it'll have to be custom

Dan

My mates actually looking at doing the same conversion but super widebody on a 4dr 32...will let you know how that goes

Edited by ShyBoi

Yeah let us know Dan, thanks

Unfortunately the only rear fenders i've seen , including yours are for the coupe version of the gtst ... nothing for the sedan .

Gary

start with the coupe fenders and modify em. most of the 4 door skins I've seen look like arse or something out of a sci fi movie.

I thought the same about the coupe rear fenders they do , can't say they look like a gtr fender..... more a compromise.

This is not a job for the average panel beater..... its needs the attention of a wizz. I know just the guy up here in the north..... problem is getting his time !!

What would be good is to know someone with an autech 4dr gtr so i could get some measurements.......

Anyone got any really high res photos of the 4dr gtr's ? All the pics or vid online ive seen is pretty crappy....... need some good pics to show panel guy.

Gary

Edited by Fastrotor

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bud,

Ive been looking at doing this for a very long time, ive even tried talkin to nissan/ autech in japan to see if I can get the specs of the rear panels on the autech 4 door but with no luck. I was even told to order rear quarters i would need a vin number of an autech edition :cool:

Anyway i spoke to the fella who owns www.jessestreeter.com and he mentioned to me that if i can get a part number for these panels from nissan he should be able to get it, but there in lies the issue....

Il add some pics up and from what i can see the autech wider body starts from the middle of the rear doors and from what ive noticed on my 4 door there is a little bulge but no where as near as the autech.

Lemme know if you hear anything coz im interested as you can see.

Heres some of the other kits ive been looking at from japan just out of interest.

Aero Palace( http://www.aeropalace.co.jp/sports)in japan have 3 kits , Impul, BN and their own for an r33 4 door. I even thought of taking the rear quarters from the BN Kit and try to reduce the width since i didnt want the wide body look.

Heres some pics as well.

post-27757-1265159963_thumb.jpg

post-27757-1265160001_thumb.jpg

post-27757-1265160308_thumb.jpg

post-27757-1265160346_thumb.jpg

post-27757-1265160364_thumb.jpg

post-27757-1265160379_thumb.jpg

enr33...r u sure, cause I have a GTS-4 and the chassis no. is ENR33 ... :P

that's exactly what they're based on... R33 GTS4's 4 door sedans. Basically the chassis is put together at nissan, but before the mechanicals go onto it, its pulled off the line and sent to Autech/Nismo/Altia/HKS etc.

If you punch the number in Nissan FAST, a blue box pops up and tells you that its a special edition and that you need to contact the shop for further details.

LOL :)

So what happend to the Vin number of an autech. Also there was a fella on this forums a while ago, pretty sure from qld who did a couple of mock ups of the autech. I cant for the life of me remember his name.

Anyone know his name maybe his contact numbers??? he might still have the moulds???

your best bet is to grab an R33 2 door GTS to GTR conversion kit ("skyline imports" in QLD had a copy of one back in the day 9 years ago, so I'm sure they're floating around oz) and then chop the rear and custom fit it to the door etc.

gtr-12.jpg

http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~west-y/r33gtrlooks.htm